• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.5 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5435.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.5: 2009 08 08
- New: Added version info to tray icon
- New: Added option, where VCD can be instructed to unmount an image file
when the virtual tray is opened (e.g., eject from Windows explorer).
- Change: Default file associations
- Fix: Optical drives could disappear after uninstall
- Updated languages
- Some minor changes and improvements

- New: Added option, where VCD can be instructed to unmount an image file
when the virtual tray is opened (e.g., eject from Windows explorer).

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've waited for this for a long time. Thank you. :clap:

@James thanks for updating.

I have a small feature request. 'Eject All' mounted media, or possibly an option in AnyDVD to not produce a logfile for VCD mounted images

Thanks.

@James thanks for updating.

I have a small feature request. 'Eject All' mounted media

Oh, come on. It is so easy to do this with a little script:

start /w vcdmount /d=0 /u
start /w vcdmount /d=1 /u
start /w vcdmount /d=2 /u

(if you have 3 drives)

An option to EASY (1 click) re-associate VCD with all (or for each) supported formats it's still a no go?

Hint: see 7-zip options

Given the intended purpose of Viirtual CloneDrive used in conjunction with the other products that Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes develop, I can't see where or why oddles of proprietary image formats need to be supported. The product is completely free and works wonderfully.

I think people will be holding their breaths a long time before support for zillions of oddball proprietary formats are added.

pity. I know it's free and it's designed to be used with other SlySoft Software (I'm a registered AnyDVD HD customer myself), but still it'd be convenient to have a one4all virtual drive software. Image Filetypes aren't really a complex thing, so adding support for some popular formats would be relatively simple and wouldn't require a lot of coding or something.

Image Filetypes aren't really a complex thing, so adding support for some popular formats would be relatively simple and wouldn't require a lot of coding or something.

Care to share what you consider "some popular formats"?

- basic cue/bin support (you can load .bin files if they're straight forward but if the .cue includes multiple track info, it wouldn't work ignoring the .cue information)
- mds/iso (as alternative to dvd/iso; again, you can load iso but if mds contains stuff like layer information it wouldn't work properly ignoring the .mds information)

and maybe

- NRG (Nero Burning ROM)

Although I understand the "official" position about other formats I have to say that I agree with Aratar about supporting
- basic cue/bin support (you can load .bin files if they're straight forward but if the .cue includes multiple track info, it wouldn't work ignoring the .cue information)
- mds/iso (as alternative to dvd/iso; again, you can load iso but if mds contains stuff like layer information it wouldn't work properly ignoring the .mds information)

and maybe

- NRG (Nero Burning ROM)
To me those for cue and mds (not so much the nrg but...) seems very necessary (and reasonable) requests.

Just my 2c..:p

True. That's the only reason why I have to keep that DT/SPTD f**k, that's slowing down my drive.

I truely want to get rid of DT/SPTD but often there's no choice, because the formats that VCD supports isn't enough and I have to use cue/mds for my images.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Virtual CloneDrive is Good,and it is free.

but,Why not Chinese language package

asins:
why not volunteer to do chinese language translation. i think most of the language packs for slysoft are volunteer work, right?

Thanks for the software and Win 7 (7100) x64 working perfectly

As a long standing user of VCD I thought it was about time to register and add my thanks for the software. It is simple, clean, elegant, small and fast. If only more software did things the right way.

Just installed this beta on a fresh Win 7 RC (7100) x64 install and perfect so far.

Other than the usual 'more virtual formats support' my only feature request would be alternative "virtual sheep" icons like the fox or, particularly, the Jackal...

Thanks again.

Other than the usual 'more virtual formats support' my only feature request would be alternative "virtual sheep" icons like the fox or, particularly, the Jackal...

You can use your own icon file if you like.

Just replace the file C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VirtualCloneDrive.ico

Hope this helps!

EDIT:
On 64bit systems, the path will be slightly different, but you'll certainly find it by right clicking the VCD desktop icon and selecting "open location"

You can use your own icon file if you like.

Just replace the file C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VirtualCloneDrive.ico

Yeah I know, was just being lazy expecting a dropdown selectable list with graphical previews. My way of saying the software is perfect as it is. :rock:

This beta doesn't seem to work for some BD iso's with PowerDVD Ultra 9. I reverted to 5432 and it works again. PDVD freezes when loading the iso. Thanks

Which films?
What build of PDVD 9?
Are these encrypted or unencrypted ISO's?

PowerDVD 9 Ultra version 9.0.2029.0
Crank♠ 2 and State of Play, unencrypted ISO's, on a 250GB WD 2.5" USB drive if that matters.

*EDIT*
Got it working, don't know what happened wrong the first time, but now all is fine.

Last edited:
Back