• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.8 beta

Well, I was also confused by that new option, but then I simply tried it out and my history became smaller.

Purge means that the history is getting slagged/cleaned up.

I think it will check for the image files, if they are still there and clean the history if the images have been moved or deleted.

This will certainly not delete any images from your harddrive.

OK, thanks!
After reading your post, tried it: turned out to be very useful feature indeed! :)
Still I would not call this "Purge History" though. :) Maybe "Clean Up History"?

Honestly, I consider the "clear" and "purge" to be redundant in terms of how they are viewed. If the function is actually different then it would help for the description of each to be defined better.

As it stands we have:

/h to clear history of recently mounted images
/p to purge history of recently mounted images

If purging cleans up missing images that are in the history then that would help to know. It would be better worded along the lines of:

/c to clear history of recently mounted images
/p to purge images that no longer exist from the history of mounted images

With the addition of this option I actually considered them to be the same thing until someone raised this issue. It is confusing and I am a native English speaker and I know the definitions of the words.

Thanks DrinkLyeAndDie!

Now we have hopefully an answer pending from Slysoft.

- Fix: Mounting failed, if .dvd or .ccd file names contained unicode characters

I confirm this now works again for both Vista x86 and x64 (5.4.2.8 ). I have accents in my files, like "lumière"

Thanks

is this freezing on installation for anyone else with windows 7 x64 v7077? its freezing on the "installing driver" part.

EDIT: this version does work with windows 7 x64 7077, it hangs on installing the driver for over 5mins but does work in the end, hopefully you can speed this up in the next beta.

Virtual CloneDrive /c & /p options

If DrinkLyeAndDie is right about how these options work, then I think his suggestions (see below) for describing the /c and /p switches would be good to make clear the difference between "clear" and "purge".

/c to clear history of recently mounted images
/p to purge images that no longer exist from the history of mounted image

EDIT: this version does work with windows 7 x64 7077, it hangs on installing the driver for over 5mins but does work in the end, hopefully you can speed this up in the next beta.

I have no problems with this build in Win 7 build 7100

I had no issues with VCD and any build of W7 x64 from 7000-7100 (including 7057, 7068, 7077.)

EDIT: it hangs on installing the driver for over 5mins but does work in the end.
Something similar occurred during installation in XP 32bit; hung for just under 2 minutes. I am running a Q9300 CPU.

Curious oddity; when I right-clicked on the desktop icon, there was no VCD option. When I clicked "unmount" from the root Virtual drive, VCD disappeared there as well.

Everything worked fine after reboot, but the shutdown hung on "dialog" not responding. I ended program and it shutdown.

Clonedrive Won't work

Can't get this version or any other to install. No sheep appear in My Computer nor can I see any moun/unmount on rt. click context sensitive menu. Help.

Back