• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.8 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5428.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.8: 2009 04 08
- New: Added HD-DVD emulation (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Added option to purge history of recently mounted images
- New: Added /p command switch to VCDMount.exe to purge history
- Fix: Mounting failed, if .dvd or .ccd file names contained unicode characters
- Some minor changes and improvements

Last edited:

Hasn't it been there for a while already (at least since 5.4.1.1, if not some earlier beta)?

As I discovered recently, CloneCD does not support creating of .ccd images with unicode file names. Maybe you should've fixed that first?

Hasn't it been there for a while already (at least since 5.4.1.1, if not some earlier beta)?

Read closer. There is a new parameter, /p. The previous parameter for clearing the history was /h. IMHO, /p is more logical and supersedes /h but /h is still supported for legacy purposes, I would assume.

Last edited:
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5427.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.7: 2009 04 01
- Some minor changes and improvements
Can you please advise how the daemon.exe file works? How do you use this with 3rd party tools without VCD popping up a confirmation dialog which disrupts the 3rd party tool execution - is there a "secure mode" removal option like DT?

Can you please advise how the daemon.exe file works? How do you use this with 3rd party tools without VCD popping up a confirmation dialog which disrupts the 3rd party tool execution - is there a "secure mode" removal option like DT?

What confirmation dialog? :confused:

What confirmation dialog? :confused:
DaemonTools in Secure Mode pops up a confirmation dialog about mounting the iso (which stops the 3rd party app in its tracks, so Secure Mode has to be unchecked in that case)..

Perhaps I confused you because VCD pops up a dialog giving you the mount options when a third party tool (CureRom) tries to mount the iso - it doesn't actually mount anything, and the CureRom application fails. That is why I was aking how the daemon.exe (is that the one?) works with 3rd party apps (advertised as new feature in last VCD release).

In other words, how do you stop that mount options dialog from popping up and have VCD just mount the image when called from a 3rd party app? Which VCD exe should the 3rd party app call?

DaemonTools in Secure Mode pops up a confirmation dialog about mounting the iso (which stops the 3rd party app in its tracks, so Secure Mode has to be unchecked in that case)..

Perhaps I confused you because VCD pops up a dialog giving you the mount options when a third party tool (CureRom) tries to mount the iso - it doesn't actually mount anything, and the CureRom application fails. That is why I was aking how the daemon.exe (is that the one?) works with 3rd party apps (advertised as new feature in last VCD release).

In other words, how do you stop that mount options dialog from popping up and have VCD just mount the image when called from a 3rd party app? Which VCD exe should the 3rd party app call?

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of this VCD window that pops up? I've never seen it or heard of it and would be interested.

Which VCD exe should the 3rd party app call?

The one written for Daemon Tools should call Daemon.exe (in the VCD program dir).
Try it from a command line, nothing should "pop up".
Programs written for VCD should call VCDMount.exe

So what happened to 5.4.2.4, 5.4.2.5, and 5.4.2.6?:confused:
This out of order stuff just fries my brain!
:D

So what happened to 5.4.2.4, 5.4.2.5, and 5.4.2.6?:confused:
This out of order stuff just fries my brain!
:D

How are things out of order? Version numbers increase with new releases. v5.4.2.3 was a beta release, v5.4.2.5 was official, v5.4.2.6 was a beta release, and so is v5.4.2.7. You need to remember that users don't always have access to every single release due to possible issues that are discovered. Sometimes a release never makes it to a full beta release and remains an internal release. The version number for the next version still acts as if it was released. Apparently either v5.4.2.4 was pulled before I ever saw it posted or it just wasn't posted for a reason beyond my knowledge.

Anyway, it's not worth putting too much thought into but, apparently, you haven't been checking up on the releases because you've missed some that I just mentioned in my posting.

Hi, I'm not sure if anything can be done with VCD or AnyDVD HD about this, but in the latest PowerDVD7.3 5105, HD-DVD playback from Iso seems to be broken.

Hi, I'm not sure if anything can be done with VCD or AnyDVD HD about this, but in the latest PowerDVD7.3 5105, HD-DVD playback from Iso seems to be broken.
Broken ... how?
Does PowerDVD7.3 5105 play back HD DVDs at all ... unbroken?

Broken ... how?
Does PowerDVD7.3 5105 play back HD DVDs at all ... unbroken?

Hi James

7.3 5105 plays HD-DVDs from disk but not from iso. PowerDVD just flashes "File Mode" and then nothing or it reports that there is no disk in drive #.

Ive tried this with my older images and with a new image I ripped with the latest version of AnyDVD

Hi James

7.3 5105 plays HD-DVDs from disk but not from iso. PowerDVD just flashes "File Mode" and then nothing or it reports that there is no disk in drive #.

Ive tried this with my older images and with a new image I ripped with the latest version of AnyDVD
I can reproduce this problem.

The one written for Daemon Tools should call Daemon.exe (in the VCD program dir).
Try it from a command line, nothing should "pop up".
Programs written for VCD should call VCDMount.exe
OK, so I called daemon.exe in the CureRom profile and the Securom dialog pops up saying mount original disc instead of backup. This image works fine with CureRom and daemontools or alcohol so I guess the 3rd party call is not working properly. I can play the original so it's no big deal, but was hoping VCD new 3rd party option would work.

OK, so I called daemon.exe in the CureRom profile and the Securom dialog pops up saying mount original disc instead of backup. This image works fine with CureRom and daemontools or alcohol so I guess the 3rd party call is not working properly. I can play the original so it's no big deal, but was hoping VCD new 3rd party option would work.

Securom will typically blacklist any Virtual drive program, and since Virtual Clonedrive makes no attempt to hide itself from the OS using rootkit measures that are employed by Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%, I'm doubtful that attempting to run games when Virtual Clonedrive is not disabled is a good idea.

Hi James

Please try VCD 5.4.2.8. This should solve the problem.

And its another winner

Installed beta tested HDDVD iso playback restored to PDVD7.3... thanks for your superb support.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Now there are both "Clear History" and "Purge History" options in the right-click menu. What's the difference between them? And even if there is a difference, why there is a need for both? Sorry, I don't realize the difference in their purpose from these names alone. To me, their purpose should be the same, maybe "Purge" just should clear the history somewhat "cleaner". And I'm too scary to try "Purge" :). What if it deletes images from the hard drive? :)

Back