• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.5 release candidate

Awesome. Hopefully this has fixed the last of the remaining bugs. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

Excellent. I just installed 6.4.0.5 on three machines:

(2) Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
(1) Windows Vista Enterprise x32 SP1

All installed and no issues to report thus far.

Driver problem

I have upgraded from V5.4.0.4 to V5.4.0.5 (Uninstalled V4 first) but now I get an error message about the ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device:
-> The requested registry key doesn't exist

Note: This is an English translation of a French error message, so it can be not perfect ;)

Any help will be appreciated

Christophe

Last edited:
I have upgraded from V5.4.0.4 to V5.4.0.5 (Uninstalled V4 first) but now I get an error message about the ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device:
-> The requested registry key doesn't exist

Note: This is an English translation of a French error message, so it can be not perfect ;)

Any help will be appreciated

Christophe
Who or what is giving this error message?

EDIT:
What OS are you using?

Hi James,

This is AnyDVD info for an image, mounted with VCD:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.5)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: PIRATES2
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

This is AnyDVD info for the same image, mounted with DT (latest version, 4.30.0):

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.5)
UBGV 0XIB8DMV45 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!

And, finally, this is the info for the original disc:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.5)
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ-220S 1.00 07042500
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Media is AACS protected!

As you can see, AnyDVD sees both the original disc and DT mounted image as Blu-ray media, and it changes it to BD-R. It sees VCD image as DVD, and does not change it to BD-R.

In fact, I have just discovered that an image, mounted with the latest version of DT (4.30.0) can be played back by WinDVD! This is really cool, as it is for the first time WinDVD can do that! (Others reported though that after they installed DT 4.30, PowerDVD stopped playing images mounted with it. I do not see this on my machine.)

So... Can you please fix this while you are at it? :)

EDIT: Interesting, when I mount with DT an UDF2.5 image created by ImgBurn out of folders on hard drive, AnyDVD says this:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.5)
UBGV 0XIB8DMV45 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1261184 sectors (2463 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ID4_F1
Media is not AACS protected.

Still "DVD"... This image is small though, because it only includes the minimum number of .m2ts files to start playback.

Last edited:
I'm running Vista SP1 32bits, this error come from device manager

When?
Please describe as precisely as possible how to reproduce the problem.

Yes, this will be improved.

Cool!

Does WinDVD play this "Mini-BD" image?

No, because it's "DVD". WinDVD doesn't play them. And it's "DVD" because ImgBurn created it like that. It looks like ImgBurn looks at the size of the files to decide whether to create "DVD" or "BD". I have just created an image of "FIFTH ELEMENT" out of folder with ImgBurn, which turned out to be "BD". (I was checking with IsoBuster, opening images directly - without mounting them.). And both WinDVD and PowerDVD did not play this image mounted with DT, because BD-ROM without AACS cannot be played by either player. And AnyDVD did not change it to BD-R because there is no AACS...

The 'create dvd mds file' option in ImgBurn can be used to make an MDS for Blu-ray ISO images so that the new daemon tools shows the disc as DVD-ROM and not BD-ROM, therefore enabling PowerDVD to play them again. Powerdvd won't play BD-ROM without AACS and the new DT mounts v. large images (10GB + maybe?) as BD-ROM rather than DVD-ROM as the previous version did. But if you make an MDS file where DT is told to say it's a DVD-ROM disc PowerDVD will play it just fine (assuming you mount the MDS and not the ISO of course).
ImgBurn isn't making an image as DVD/BD whatever, the ISO is always the same. The difference comes from mounting ISO's of different sizes (controlled by DT) or by the mounting of an MDS where the disc type is specific within it.

ImgBurn isn't making an image as DVD/BD whatever, the ISO is always the same. The difference comes from mounting ISO's of different sizes (controlled by DT) or by the mounting of an MDS where the disc type is specific within it.

But how do you explain then that when I open .iso images in IsoBuster directly (without mounting them), it also shows "DVD" for those small images, and "BD" for the big one. Or does it decide by itself as well? Is so, it must be possible to create an image, which is shown as "BD" in IsoBuster, but "DVD" after being mounted with DT, or vice versa, as it is highly improbable that they use the same size to decide between the two. But I doubt this is the case. I think the flag should be somewhere inside .iso, though I might be wrong.

Creating .mds file and mounting it with DT really makes it look as DVD and enables playback by PowerDVD. You should probably give this information in the thread on this matter in "AnyDVD HD" section of this forum as well.

EDIT: In fact, I managed to create an image which is shown as "DVD" in IsoBuster, but after being mounted with DT, AnyDVD info says "Media is a Blu-Ray disc". (Total size of all files 8.27 GB). So, you are right, .iso files do not contain such info.

Last edited:
When?
Please describe as precisely as possible how to reproduce the problem.

Hi,
Finally, this was not reproductible on other PCs, certainly something goes wrong during uninstall/reinstall processes.
I have solved this driver installation issue by deleting all "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" sub keys then reinstall VCD.
Now everything works fine!!!

Thanks for support

Christophe

I installed this latest version of vcd but i cant mount images. If i "right-Click" the Assigned Drive letter there is no option to mount an image? It simply does not appear. The vcddaemon is running though. Any suggestions? Reboot does not solve the Problem.....

I`m using Vista x64 with SP1 and AnyDVD HD running.

Thanks

Back