• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.2 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Finally, a unified Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/XP64/Vista/Vista64 version.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5402.exe

This should (hopefully) fix all problems from the previous beta. Installer has been improved to avoid accidental double installation of the driver. BSOD on Vista64 should be fixed, as well as hanging I/O in rare situations.

Have fun testing!

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.2: 2008 07 02
- New: Added support for Windows Vista 64
- Many internal changes and improvements
- Updated languages

Under XP X64 it is doing the same thing that it did with the prev. version. Installs fine, good reboot, ISO(files) show up as Virtual CloneDrive Icons. But there are no extra drives listed under Explorer, when you double click a iso to mount I get the same "Error: Can't open VCD!" If you close the error you get the windows send error report request. :( Bummer.

Keep it up, you guys kicked Game Jackals #?@ and got it to work perfect. :D

Blue Screen Vista 32

Uninstalled 5.4.0.0 which was working fine and installed 5.4.0.2. Again, instant blue screen. Could not get back into windows using "Last known good configuration that worked" just kept going blue screen. I am formatting and doing a clean install on that machine as I type! Back to 5.4.0.0

soundsnake8

Uninstalled 5.4.0.0 which was working fine and installed 5.4.0.2. Again, instant blue screen. Could not get back into windows using "Last known good configuration that worked" just kept going blue screen. I am formatting and doing a clean install on that machine as I type! Back to 5.4.0.0

soundsnake8

Same thing instant blue screen

A crash "right from the start" or during installation is usually caused, if the driver is accidentally started twice. Installation is a little tricky, as there is no real hardware present the system can assign the driver to. If - for whatever reasons - the system believes, there are two (or more) "Virtual CloneDrive" controllers present - boom, immediate BSOD.

Before installing, please check if any "dead" Virtual CloneDrives (with a yellow exclamation mark, or disabled entries) are present. Check with "Show hidden devices" ticked.
If there are, delete them in device manager. Now try to install Virtual CloneDrive. If it crashes again, delete VClone.sys from Windows\System32\Drivers, so your system can boot normally.
Check in Device manager, if more than one Virtual CloneDrives (with yellow exclamation mark) are present, and let me know.

Thank you!

James,

I have only started running through my problem scenarios. but the first one still exists.

Install of the new beta went without issue, no BSOD, no lingering drive letter...

When I reboot into Vista Ultimate 32 bit, then enter the file explorer and navigate to a movie iso and double click it, the very first one after reboot mounts and autoplays into WMC as expected.

When I go to a different iso file I and double click it, I can see that the current iso is unloaded from the VCD and the new file is loaded, BUT it does not autoplay. If I double click that same iso again, it will unload itself from VCD and reload and immediately autoplay into WMC as I would expect.

Any thoughts as to why after the first mounting, all subsequent ones take a double mount in order to work? I will now move onto testing within WMC using My Movies, but I expect my issue there will still be active as well.

Thanks for your input and help.

Under XP X64 it is doing the same thing that it did with the prev. version. Installs fine, good reboot, ISO(files) show up as Virtual CloneDrive Icons. But there are no extra drives listed under Explorer, when you double click a iso to mount I get the same "Error: Can't open VCD!" If you close the error you get the windows send error report request. :( Bummer.

Keep it up, you guys kicked Game Jackals #?@ and got it to work perfect. :D

Same thing is happening to me.

I'm running Vista 64.

@James

I'm still getting a BSOD when i install VCD5402, this also happened with VCD5401, all i do is install VCD (nothing else) and in less than a minute i get a BSOD, this is on two machines running Vista HP 32bit.

I've tried troubleshooting by first uninstalling VCD, i then checked the device manager for any remains of VCD using the show hidden devices option.

I then opened a cmd window and used the following commands to reviel any devices that are not present that have been removed from the system.

SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 (press enter)
devmgmt.msc (press enter)

When the device manager opened i selected show hidden devices from the view tab, i then removed any none present devices that where related to VCD that where previously hidden.

After performing all of the above i still get a BSOD on installing VCD5401 and VCD5402.

@James

I'm still getting a BSOD when i install VCD5402, this also happened with VCD5401, all i do is install VCD (nothing else) and in less than a minute i get a BSOD, this is on two machines running Vista HP 32bit.

I've tried troubleshooting by first uninstalling VCD, i then checked the device manager for any remains of VCD using the show hidden devices option.

I then opened a cmd window and used the following commands to reviel any devices that are not present that have been removed from the system.

SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 (press enter)
devmgmt.msc (press enter)

When the device manager opened i selected show hidden devices from the view tab, i then removed any none present devices that where related to VCD that where previously hidden.

After performing all of the above i still get a BSOD on installing VCD5401 and VCD5402.

If you delete VClone.sys (so you can boot your machine), do you see only one non working Virtual CloneDrives in Device Manager, or more?

If you delete VClone.sys (so you can boot your machine), do you see only one non working Virtual CloneDrives in Device Manager, or more?

And, the BSOD, does it mention VClone.sys as the source? Or another file, or no specific file al all?

Thanks for replying James, when i delete VClone.sys there is only one none working Virtual CloneDrive in device manager, see screenshots.

nonepresentlb0.jpg

vcloneup0.jpg

Thanks for checking. What is the SCSI/RAID Hostcontroller shown under Storage controllers?

Thanks for checking. What is the SCSI/RAID Hostcontroller shown under Storage controllers?

The SCSI/RAID Host Controller is used by Alcohol 120%, the driver file and path is "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ar603p8v.sys", the .sys file will have a different name on every machine, also, the .sys file is hidden from Windows even if you select to show hidden files/folders and show protected system files.

Last edited:
The SCSI/RAID Host Controller is used by Alcohol 120%, the driver file and path is "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ar603p8v.sys", the .sys file will have a different name on every machine, also, the .sys file is hidden from Windows even if you select to show hidden files/folders and show protected system files.
Ohhhh, very scary software! Thanks for pointing into the right direction. Please try this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18207

Any hope for me?

Vista home prem. 64bit.

All the other products I purchased from Slysoft, work without a problem!

Thanks!

Unable to get working in XP 64 Bit

Hi,

I have tried to get this software working and am still unable to with the latest beta. It installs fine, but I get he error "Can't mount VCD" no matter which way I try to mount the ISO (GUI, CMI). In my device manager it shows virtual clone drive, but it still complains that windows is unable to start this device. I've even tried reloading the OS clean and manually trying to add the driver after finding vclone.sys

Any suggestions, or just wait for the next beta? :)

Thanks!!!

Eric

Hi,

I have tried to get this software working and am still unable to with the latest beta. It installs fine, but I get he error "Can't mount VCD" no matter which way I try to mount the ISO (GUI, CMI). In my device manager it shows virtual clone drive, but it still complains that windows is unable to start this device. I've even tried reloading the OS clean and manually trying to add the driver after finding vclone.sys

Any suggestions, or just wait for the next beta? :)

Thanks!!!

Eric
It looks like it isn't working with XP64 at this time, I'll check.

Back