• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.1 beta

The SPDT driver that daemon tools uses might impact ripping speed. After I uninstalled it my speeds went way up. Hopefully a new version of VCD will be released soon. Give them some time.

So far so good. I have been able to mount an image through Explorer by simply double-clicking the ISO. I have also been able to mount another ISO the exact same way without unmounting it from My Computer.

I can also confirm that invoking vcdmount.exe from CLI works now on both of my Vista x64 systems, without using the /L switch.

Thank you James and company! :clap:

Doesn't Install on my Win2003

I have moved my server (w2k3 SP2) to new HW, quad core & 4 GB RAM.

On the former server (dual core, 2GB RAM) VCD was running fine.

On the new it won't install, I get this after installing (before reboot) in the eventlog:

Der Treiber hat einen internen Fehler in seinen Datenstrukturen für \Device\Scsi\VClone1 festgestellt.

That's about: The driver recognized an internal error inside its data structures.

Add. Hex Data:

0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 56 00 ......V.
0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......À
0010: 20 71 73 f7 bb 00 00 c0 qs÷»..À
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I tried the regular download and the latest beta, no luck.

The installation routine did not complain btw.

When I reboot I get an Event that VClone could not start
Regards, TommyZ

I have moved my server (w2k3 SP2) to new HW, quad core & 4 GB RAM.

On the former server (dual core, 2GB RAM) VCD was running fine.

On the new it won't install, I get this after installing (before reboot) in the eventlog:

Der Treiber hat einen internen Fehler in seinen Datenstrukturen für \Device\Scsi\VClone1 festgestellt.

That's about: The driver recognized an internal error inside its data structures.

Add. Hex Data:

0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 56 00 ......V.
0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......À
0010: 20 71 73 f7 bb 00 00 c0 qs÷»..À
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I tried the regular download and the latest beta, no luck.

The installation routine did not complain btw.

When I reboot I get an Event that VClone could not start
Regards, TommyZ

Do you have driver signing enforced? If yes, you must turn it off (the driver isn't WHQL signed).

I didn't get a message about a non-signed driver.

Where do I check ?

TIA, TommyZ

I didn't get a message about a non-signed driver.

Where do I check ?

TIA, TommyZ

I'm not sure. I believe in Computer->right mouse click->Properties->Hardware->Driver Signing

Check, that "Block" isn't selected (might be the default for W2K server, but I am not sure)

This version does help with mounting ISO's, however there is a huge bug. Everytime I watch a movie, my system crashes now. I have a bug check, and it points to VClone.sys causing a STOP 0x7E in SCSIPORT.SYS. I'm attaching the debug trace.

Attachments

• bugcheck.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 7
Thanks. James is already working on vclone.sys

Could you add windbg command 'lmkv' ?

Thanks Fernando. Here you go.

Attachments

• bugcheck_ADDITIONAL.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
Just 2 things.

Could you first upgrade to 1.35 of procmon? I thought Mark wrote something about having problems with Win 2008.

And second could you just disable BitDefender - best really disable it? Those AV filters are really nasty buggers neither actually doing what users tell them.

I'm running 11.20 of Process Explorer. I am not using Procmon. I have never had an issue with BitDefender. It appears that there may be a conflict between VCD and CloneCD. I had removed both apps before completely re-installing VCD 5.4.0.1. So far, no crashes.

Ok, I'm sorry. I mixed up procmon and procexp.

Sure you're using 11.20? Driver is from april and Mark fixed something in late may. But anyway - doesn't matter. If procexp is not running its driver is completely inactive and cannot do/hurt anything.

That incompatibility is possible, James is already working on it. vclone.sys has another known glitch but that doesn't happen to normal users.

Absolutely. I know the difference between Process Monitor and Process Explorer. ;) I am running v11.20, which is the current version. I have Process Explorer auto start every time my system starts. It's running right now as I watch a DVD movie. 1.5 hours and no system crash. I don't know if it's caused by CloneCD or the "Buffered I/O" setting, which I disabled after re-install.

Damn. Spoke too soon. System just crashed again. Do you need me to provide any further information?

Last edited:
I am not a huge tester but did want to confirm that double clicking from explorer does now work, thank you for this.

The My Movies issue is still lingering, it seems that when I select play from My Movies within WMC, the image does mount, (so it may not be a VCD issue at all) but it does not start to play within WMC.

I will play with it and see if there are some settings I am missing...

Thanks again for the improvement.

Just an FYI on Process Explorer. It crashes every few hours on my Win2k8 Server machines at work. It seems to also have a memory leak where if I keep it running for several days at a time the memory usage continues to grow exponentially until the system stops responding normally. Once I kill it and reopen it things go back to normal. I'm also using 11.20.

I'm not sure. I believe in Computer->right mouse click->Properties->Hardware->Driver Signing

Check, that "Block" isn't selected (might be the default for W2K server, but I am not sure)

It was at Ignore (always install)

There is no block selsction, just ignore, ask, never.

AFAIK the first time I installed VCD it asked.

Anyway, I believe it is installed, as I get events that VClone won't start.

Maybe it can't handle 4GB on Server 2003 (PAE/AWE) ?

Regards, TommyZ

Back