• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.1 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Finally, a unified Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Vista64 version. Should work under Windows XP64, too (untested).

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5401.exe

Have fun testing!

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.1: 2008 06 29
- New: Added support for Windows Vista 64
- Many internal changes and improvements
- Updated languages

Last edited:
Hello!
Thank you for the Update.

I`ve installed it on my Vista64 and it works wonderful (mounting, watching movies, unmounting).

Now i can finally uninstall Daemon Tools (and the stupid SPTD driver).

Thanks for this (free) product!

So, I have tested this on two different systems, both Vista Ultimate x64 with SP1. VCD installs just fine. I used all defaults during installation. I cannot get VCD to mount an ISO by double-clicking it within Windows Explorer. I drop to CLI, use the following to mount an ISO:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive>VCDMount.exe {path\to\iso} (UNC or mapped drive)

and nothing happens. If I then use the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive>VCDMount.exe /L=d: {path\to\iso} (UNC or mapped drive)

the ISO is then mounted. I can mount an ISO by right-clicking on the VCD drive, select Virtual CloneDrive -> Mount. MyMovies is also not successful in mounting an ISO. I have confirmed that MM is indeed calling it's internal VCDmount thread in attempt to mount the ISO.

2008/06/24 5:29:16 PM - Starting unmount thread '/u'
2008/06/24 5:29:16 PM - Starting mount thread for file '\\HOME-VISTA-PC\Videos\Movies\Comedy\DEATH_AT_A_FUNERAL.ISO': '"\\HOME-VISTA-PC\Videos\Movies\Comedy\DEATH_AT_A_FUNERAL.ISO"'

If I then change the following in the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\elby.VCDMount.1\shell\open\command
default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=d: "%1"

I am then able to mount the ISO when I double-click on the ISO. However, this does not resolve the issue with MM.

Yes, I am running MM 2.46. I have completely removed DT and the SPTD driver.

Under X64 it installs fine, but when you open My Computer there are no extra drives. If you double click a ISO to mount it you get "Error: Can't open VCD" Then you get the standard windows "Mount Files with VIrtual CloneDrive has encountered a problem and needs to close........"

If you right click the ISO it does not give you the option to mount image also. But the icon does show it as a Virtual Clone Drive

Bummer. :bang:

I did some further testing and it appears that DEP is causing an issue with VCD and Vista x64 SP1. I disabled DEP, and viola, I can mount an ISO from Windows Explorer. However, I don't want to disable DEP, as it helps when apps become unstable and don't behave well.

Well, it appears that this only helped on one of my Vista x64 systems. the other simply will not mount the ISO if I double-click on it within Windows Explorer.

Last edited:
VCD and MM 2.46

I'm having an issue where I can't mount my movies in MM 2.46 and I don't know what to do about it. They mount perfectly when used through Explorer.

If they mount through Windows Explorer without issue by double-clicking on the ISO, then MM should be able to mount the ISO. Can you go into MM Collection Manager, select Conrfiguration, then Image Mounter. You should get a prompt that VCD was detected and will automatically be used. You should also completely remove Daemon Tools and the SPTD driver if you previously had it installed. Remember that the DT uninstaller does *not* remove the SPTD driver. You will need to grab the SPTD 1.56 Installer package as that provides a uninstall feature.

I've used the 1.56 unistaller. The image mounts perfectly when double clicked. However, when using MM 2.46 it will run "only" when an image is not already mounted.

I too am having similar problems.. Running Vista 32 SP1.

The only way I can get an iso to mount in VCD is to go to explorer, right click on the sheep and select Virtual Clone Drive then select mount, then select the file I want to mount.

Double clicking the file in it's folder does not mount it and right clicking the file and selecting open with VCD does not work.

I also am having the same issue with My Movies as it will not mount the files through the MM interface in WMC.

These are some great programs that I would LOVE to see working well. I posted elswhere in slysoft trying to learn a script that would do exactly what MM and VCD should do with a great interface...

Your help is greatly appreciated (trust me, my wife is about to throw my HTPC through the window lol...)

Do you have DEP turned on? I would check that. I hate DEP. Causes way more problems than it fixes IMO. I know, shadow, you like it. It's fine. :)

Do you have DEP turned on? I would check that. I hate DEP. Causes way more problems than it fixes IMO. I know, shadow, you like it. It's fine. :)

Yeah, sure. I just love DEP! :disagree: I find it useful in most cases, like where I'm testing a new app, or I want to prevent an app from crashing the system.

However, with DEP turned off on both machines I get inconsistent results. On my HTPC, the ISO will mount, but MM will not mount another movie after one has finished. I have to manually unmount it, even though the MM log states it's attempting to unmount the existing ISO.

On my other system, it will not mount through Explorer nor MM. I have to right-click on the drive and select Mount. Both systems are identical in terms of software and revs.

This version is almost there, and just need some help from the Slysoft Gods to fix it.

Fascinating. Good troubleshooting. :) Hopefully they can find a solution.

DEP is data execute protection. It's in your advanced options in system properties.

Except in Vista. You need to execute the following to disable DEP:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

DEP is supposed to prevent applications from running code or access to memory that they wouldn't normally have access to. This would in essence prevent overflow attacks within the OS. However, some applications do not behave well and DEP forces them to either not work or to shutdown (i.e. Firefox 3 beta/RC anyone?)

Last edited:
Thanks for setting me on the right path Shadow07. I changed the registry settings for MyMovies as follows (My clone drive lette is I) and now MM automatically mounts the iso's!!!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My Movies\ImageMounter
ParmsMount

Changed from:
"{0}"
To:
/L=i: "{0}"

Any to my delight (and a bit of surprise) all now works perfect!

I'm glad you have it working. But, I don't believe this is the desired fix. I still believe there is a bug in VCD. Atleast this is a workaround for the moment.

Back