• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.3.0.0 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This is a beta version for testing. It does not yet support 64-bit OS.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5300.exe

Changes:

Virtual CloneDrive 5.3.0.0: 2008 03 26
- New: Supports playback of HD-DVD & Blu-ray images in PowerDVD
- New: Increased performance, if image files are accessed over
the network
- New: Better support for Windows Vista (32-bit only)

HELL YEA! I'll be testing this bad boy out tonight. Thanks, James! I can finally replace Daemon Tools. WOO HOO!

Yes you can SamuriHL, and I would love to hear about how you make out, I will also test this ASAP.;)

Can't wait to go home tonight and test this baby out :clap:

Yea, me either. It'll be a few hours before I can go home and test it. This should be great.

well it aint going to do tagés or starforce yet is it, so i'd keep daemon tools by my side until then :)

Great stuff! Now we're just left with CloneDVD2 and CloneCD in terms of support for HD media. I know one you can control directly, but how about the other? ;)

CloneCD has handled HD media since the beginning. :) It's what I use to make all my HD DVD/BD ISO images.

:confused: Have you actually burned an image? Or are you just referring to image creation?

I'm referring to image creation. I guess I assumed since it'd read an image it'd write to one but I suppose that might not be the case. Since I don't have a burner for HD media I can't test that out.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.3.0.0: 2008 03 26
- New: Supports playback of HD-DVD & Blu-ray images in PowerDVD
- New: Increased performance, if image files are accessed over
the network
- New: Better support for Windows Vista (32-bit only)
Amateur questions;

what's the difference between this and Daemon Tools? What makes this better? Specially the BD/HD DVD iso part.. :)

My iso files shows up with the nice little sheep in its icon and I supposed this should make it possible to double click to mount but can't say it works for me in Vista? Should it work? Not that right clicking the virtual drive and mount it from there is any big hassle, just wondering.

Keep up the good work! :)

Regards,
CZ

I wanted to report my findings so far.

-Simpsons Movie BD with AACS and BD+ still in tact: Excellent
-Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD with AACS removed: Excellent
-Double click an ISO to auto-mount it: Working in Vista 32

All in all, everything I could possibly want without the extra overhead of Daemon Tools. Job well done as far as I'm concerned. I'll be using and recommending this from now on. Thanks, James!!

Sounds like you are a Happy Camper SamuriHL, it works fine, the new age has arrived.;)

Oh yes, I am extremely happy. Been waiting for this for quite a while. Daemon Tools is fine and I really have no complaints but it's overkill for what I need. I just want a lightweight virtual drive to mount DVD/HD DVD/BD images. No need for all the fancy emulation...even if you can turn it off. This release is MOST appreciated.

Hi,

Is there any support for splitted image files now, like the Nero format? I'm asking because i don't like iso for several reasons. First, it cannot handle splitted images but this is important to me because for compatibility I use fat32 on some of my harddrives. And second, when saving an HD DVD / Blu-ray Disc some meta data information get lost in iso. The most important one: that this medium is a HD DVD or Blu-ray Disc.

So it seems now, the CloneDrive driver just guesses what medium it is by means of the size. Or it is even worse that it calls all the media just DVDs? Then the question comes up whether the player software will accept high-def content on DVDs. And if this is wrong, how does CloneDrive determine if the image is from a HD DVD or Blu-ray Disc. Because, you know, there is no reliable way if you have only an image and no meta data.

regards
tox

Last edited:
Tried the VCD 5.3 beta on my system with Vista SP1. I can mount the ISOs but can't play it with PowerDVD. It kept on saying problem with the format.
I uninstalled VCD 5.3 beta and used the daemon tools and works fine.

Sounds like you are a Happy Camper SamuriHL, it works fine, the new age has arrived.;)

CLI features?

Hi,
would it be possible to add to 5.3 these command line commands?

- List of virtual drives and their status (e.g. "free", "mounted to C:\test.iso" etc.)
- Specify number of virtual drives (e.g. "VCDPrefs.exe /c=4")

Thanks a lot :)
Libor

TMT Crashes

Just want to report:
When I mount an BD iso in XP and try to run TMT from disk TMT crashes. However, if I choose to run from the BDMV directory (TMT still allows that) within the mounted image, it works.

When mounting the same image(s) with DEAMON tools everything works as expected. I've tried isos made by both the Samuri-method and using both CloneCD and UltraISO 9.

By the way, when running PDVD3730a the ResidentEvil3 ripped image jerks like #¤%! (independent of ripping method), but no application crashes. When running same image with TMT it runs perfectly smooth.

EDIT: Whatever the problem was it is solved in 5.3.0.1 Thanks !

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_M_RESIDENT_EVIL_3.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back