• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual Clone Drive Windows Error

zent

I happened to look at the System Event Messages for Windows XP 32 bit and found this message about VCD that Windows marked as an error.
"The device 'ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device' (SCSI\CdRom&Ven_ELBY&Prod_CLONEDRIVE&Rev_1.4\1&2afd7d61&2&000) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal."
I'm not sure the VCD version is significant or not but I found this same error with versions 5.4.7.0 and 5.4.6.0. I've just been doing a system restore of XP and have been noticing things like this.
This error message is happening every time I open Virtual CloneDrive and set the number of drives to 'disabled'. It makes me not want to alter it much. I have a number of external drives connected to my computer through USB and Firewire usually and sometimes encounter unusual behaviour, so I don't really want to add another factor to it.
I thought that after setting the number of drives to '1' for example, and then restarting Windows that the drive might go away by having unchecked 'keep history of recently mounted images' or 'automount last image'. This doesn't happen, so I can't disable VCD without this Windows message. I was wondering if that behaviour ever happened with earlier versions of VCD, where the drive disappeared on shutting down Windows.

Last edited:
I happened to look at the System Event Messages for Windows XP 32 bit and found this message about VCD that Windows marked as an error.
"The device 'ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device' (SCSI\CdRom&Ven_ELBY&Prod_CLONEDRIVE&Rev_1.4\1&2afd7d61&2&000) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal."
I'm not sure the VCD version is significant or not but I found this same error with versions 5.4.7.0 and 5.4.6.0. I've just been doing a system restore of XP and have been noticing things like this.
This error message is happening every time I open Virtual CloneDrive and set the number of drives to 'disabled'. It makes me not want to alter it much. I have a number of external drives connected to my computer through USB and Firewire usually and sometimes encounter unusual behaviour, so I don't really want to add another factor to it.
I thought that after setting the number of drives to '1' for example, and then restarting Windows that the drive might go away by having unchecked 'keep history of recently mounted images' or 'automount last image'. This doesn't happen, so I can't disable VCD without this Windows message. I was wondering if that behaviour ever happened with earlier versions of VCD, where the drive disappeared on shutting down Windows.
This has always happened. You can ignore this message, it doesn't do any harm.

Back