• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual Clone Drive installation caused disappearance of optical drive

Arkwend

Hey guys,
I installed VCD and it made my optical drive disappear. I have attempted the "Windows Error 31" fixes as posted on the windows support website with nothing working. I have a dell inspiron 17r with a functioning copy of Windows 7 home premium. What can I do to fix this problem?

Something else I found strange about this problem is that it also affected the secondary installation of windows 7 on my computer, if that gives any hints.

This might be worth a try.

For Windows 7 do the following.

Start > Run (or Windows Key + R), to open the "Run" dialogue box, in there type "diskmgmt.msc" and click ok, which should open up the Disk Manager. In Disk Manger check the bottom and see if it lists any CD-ROM drives, you might have to scroll down. See if you can spot the drive that it's showing in Explorer then rick-click on it and choose "Change Drive Letter", in the new box click on "Change..." then choose a new drive letter and click OK.

Then wait a bit, few seconds, and check if it now shows up in Explorer/My Computer with the drive letter you chose.

Edit....

If that doesn't help..

Start > Run and type "devmgmt.msc", which will open Device Manager, which basically lists hardware. In Device Manager expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives" branch, then see if your disc drive is listed there, if it is right-click it and select "Uninstall". Then after its finished wait a few seconds, then from the top choose "Action > Scan for hardware changes", this will make it re-detect your ROM and re-install the drivers, once done it should also automatically assign a drive letter to it, if it hasn't try the first thing I mentioned one more time after this.

Last edited:
I have the same issue, can some one please help!!

I would really like to get my 2 physical Optical drives back one DVD-RW and one DVD-ROM. I have uninstalled VCD but still missing both optical drives, they do not even list anymore from device manager, so basically they can not be detected for some reason.

If they don't even list in device manager then there may be something else going on on your system. I've never seen VCD cause the drives to disappear completely from device manager.
Have you checked they are seen at boot up in the BIOS?

How do I check in BIOS? It's just very strange I never had a problem w/ both optical drives and now they are not showing up at all.

Back