• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual Clone Drive and Vista Problem

gus

Any plans on updating virtual clone drive so it works with Vista?

... or Windows XP 64 bit?

I've always wondered about that, especially since other Slysoft products do work on a 64 bit OS.

Any plans on updating virtual clone drive so it works with Vista?
Yes, there are plans.
However, CloneDrive is "free" software, so the work gets postponed again and again and again...
We are currently concentrating on AnyDVD HD. If this is finished (maybe one month or so) we need a new CloneDrive / CloneCD which can handle HD DVD images anyway, so chances are good that the Vista problems will be fixed at the same time. :)

Yes, there are plans.
However, CloneDrive is "free" software, so the work gets postponed again and again and again...
We are currently concentrating on AnyDVD HD. If this is finished (maybe one month or so) we need a new CloneDrive / CloneCD which can handle HD DVD images anyway, so chances are good that the Vista problems will be fixed at the same time. :)

WOW. Very good news.

Thanks for the great software! I'll be patient for the Vista version...

Gus,

thanks for your post... I was getting ready to ask the same thing since I have experienced the BSOD trying to run Virtual CloneDrive with Vista (32-bit).

James,

thanks for your feedback. I will look forward to a fully Vista compatible version of Virtual CloneDrive as well as the other HD capabilities.

Keep up the great work!

great news about anydvd hd.
maybe this is a daft question:will it just be another update to anydvd and will continue to remove the protection on regular dvd's? or will it be specific to hd discs only and have a trial period then purchase to continue using it?

Yes, there are plans.

I'd gladly pay for CloneDrive if that insures that you can concentrate resources on it. Its easily worth the same price I paid for each of the other slysoft applications when I purchased them (I bought all of them at the same time). I totally appreciate your resource problem but I thought that it would be good for you to know that at least some users value VirtualCloneDrive enough to buy it.

Whole heartedly agree

I am not one that can afford to go out and buy every new game. But the few games, and other programs I do have I value greatly. I bought all of the SlySoft programs myself and would gladly pay for a Virtual Clone Drive as well. My primary use for it is being able to run many of my programs that are on cd directly from the drive so I don't have to go looking for the cd's. With them being on my drive it is certainly much quicker and easier access. I've been reading the forums though and am a little nervous about installing them on my Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Going to try it though. However, I'm going to sorely miss Clone Drive though until it is ready for 64 bit. Hope it is soon.

Yes, there are plans.

I was wondering the same thing so am glad to hear there are plans to upgrade CloneDrive for Vista.

Will this version support 64-bit as well as I'm looking to upgrade / replace my XP MCE machine with Vista 64-bit and the other Slysoft products I use support the new OS ?

Cheers

Steve

Clone drive works fine in vista at least in the 32 bit version

install clone drive
now go device manager
under "other" YOU Should have a new device SCSI or something...
right click and select update driver..
select browse my computer for driver software....
point the "browse" TO THE WINDOWS FOLDER and tick "include sub-folders"
now click next ....it will find the driver and install automaticly...
now go to explorer a see your new drive.

PS
you must select at least 1 clone drive in the number of drives from the virtual clone drive app.

VirtualCloneDrive works for me with Vista HP 32bit, all i did was install VirtualCloneDrive and that was it, i didn't need to update any drivers or anything else, it just worked, maybe it depends on the motherboard/chipset being used.

Clone Drive

I'm new to this forum.....but just one question I'd like to ask...would I be able to to clone any drive attached to my computer....I've added a USB one touch box (I put in my own 160 gig hd.) I'd like to backup/ transfer all my data from my main C drive over to this one instead of goin' through the hassel of usin' the software that came with this unit...I have only paid for Any DVD/Clone DVD and just recenlty purchased Clone CD...which I have'nt used yet but I will soon.... I have'nt purchased the Clone drive program I'd like a trial version of this and if it works I would buy it....Thanks and:clap: take care Ampa

Virtual Clone Drive is giving me the BSOD on Vista32bit!!!

Hi

Just bought AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile. Also downloaded virtual clone drive as it was free! Tried to install this but it screwed up my system giving me the BSOD during the install. Recovering vista using last known good configuration and safe mode using networking all give me the BSOD! This is a crazy experience.

Thankfully I can boot to XPMC on same machine. Please advise, is this a known issue. What other info do you need which would help.

I am using Vista32bit Ultimate, with office pro. Only other app I have installed recently is the Steganos security suite.

-Laurence

64bit...

Yes... but what have I to do with Vista Ultimate 64bit? Here doesn't run anything! :mad:

Virtual Clone Drive in Vista - Blue Screen of Death

Every time I try to install Virtual Clone Drive 5145 on my HP dv9000 cto with Vista Home Premium I get a guaranteed Blue Screen of Death STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008 0x80156000,0x00000000, 0x00000000)

It worked fine with the previous version.

I think this is a super program and despite my extreme poverty, I'd sure be willing to pay a few bucks for it if that would motivate the Slysoft folk to raise the programs priority.

Back