• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Viewing 4K Blu-ray rips from HDD, not disc

CellNecrosis

I have a Blu-ray friendly drive (LG WH16NS40), and I want to back up my 4K Blu-rays. I want to be able to store the rips on an external HDD, hook up the HDD to my 4K TV (LG OLED) via USB, and play them directly on my TV. I have some questions:

1. Does anyone else do this?
2. Using AnyDVD HD, do I "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" or "Rip to Image"?
3. Can my 4K TV play the files, or do I have to convert them to another type of video file? If conversion is necessary, what is the best software for that, and what type of file should I convert to, in order to retain the highest quality video? I don't care how big the files are.

Bottom line is I want to be able to watch my rips in the highest quality on my TV without having to burn BDXL discs.

Sorry guys, I just posted this here and just saw that there is a UHD only forum.

Wrong section, moved.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have a Blu-ray friendly drive (LG WH16NS40), and I want to back up my 4K Blu-rays. I want to be able to store the rips on an external HDD, hook up the HDD to my 4K TV (LG OLED) via USB, and play them directly on my TV. I have some questions:

1. Does anyone else do this?
2. Using AnyDVD HD, do I "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" or "Rip to Image"?
3. Can my 4K TV play the files, or do I have to convert them to another type of video file? If conversion is necessary, what is the best software for that, and what type of file should I convert to, in order to retain the highest quality video? I don't care how big the files are.

Bottom line is I want to be able to watch my rips in the highest quality on my TV without having to burn BDXL discs.
Use CloneBD and convert it to a format, the LG can play. Like mp4 or mkv.

Back