• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video standard detected incorrectly

PIGSgrame

There are a few disks I know about where AnyDVD reports an NTSC movie when the disc actually contains a PAL movie.

Examples of such discs are:
  • Once upon a time in America, R2 (Germany)
  • Ben Hur, R2 (Germany)

I've already reported this issue about one year ago, but it is still present. Attached are logfiles of both movies, but I recently bought the collector's edition of Ben Hur (which does not show this problem) and no longer have the regular disk, so I can only provide an older logfile for this movie.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_BEN_HUR.zip
    68.6 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_6.5.4.4_Info_F_ONCE_UPON_A_TIME_IN_AMERICA.zip
    82 KB · Views: 2
I'm not going to bother looking at the logs, but the reason this happens is because the .ifos wrongly flag the discs as being NTSC. With respect to decryption the wrong "ntsc" description doesn't matter anyway, and due to Anydvd working on-the-fly, there's not much that can be done. The bug is actually contained on the discs themselves.

Last edited:
Thanks for your explanation, I wasn't aware of how AnyDVD detects the video standard. When I filed a support ticket some time ago, they just replied they "will look into it", so I expected the problem to be fixed some day. If that cannot be done - well, I agree that there are more important features than this one :)

Thanks for your explanation, I wasn't aware of how AnyDVD detects the video standard. When I filed a support ticket some time ago, they just replied they "will look into it", so I expected the problem to be fixed some day. If that cannot be done - well, I agree that there are more important features than this one :)

The .ifo file says, "I'm NTSC". So Anydvd says, "O.k., you're NTSC".

Anydvd decrypts the disc, regardless.

Back