• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

video problems with vista media center ( HELP PLEASE )

teragor

:confused:
i have a hp pavillion m9040n,q6600,8400 nivida,and yes you guess it vista.... ( note i did get the sp1 pack download )
with xp media center i could watch all type of files / ntsc / vts./mp's just about any video format. i liked media center xp !!! BUT vista media center does not reconize video formats unless i download a codec to make it work... then it will read any file that i have except for the ones i run thru clone or nero it will not / does not reconize the video files ( vts.)
i like media center... and want to use it but i had to go and get nero just to play the files. i did download shark 007 and it does help but it will not allow me to play using media center, but it still will not let me play my backed up files.
i think there is some kind of block on vista media center...?
i do not mind using nero or shark, but i bought the hp with media home edition just to use media center.
i would be greatful if any one out there could help !!!

ive got vista ultimate, and my media center works great. i have the vistacodecs codec pack installed, and ive never had a problem with any video not playing.

will this allow me to play my MKV files that I created from HDDVDs ? If not is there anything that allows vista media player to play these files?

Codec packs are of the devil they will always use out dated codecs because they are never updated use FFDshow and Haali media splitter they are the only codec set you will ever need...

Back