• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

video problem in dvd player

pauler

Okay, so someone just noted that the video card on my computer might quite possibly be the reason my DVDs won't play properly. I’m ashamed to say that while i thought it had larger onboard memory, the current video card states that it only has 64 MB. However, my Direct-X and video drivers are up-to-date. While my computer is not even a year old (8 mos.), it still only has PCI slots (and NOT PCI-express...how sad). What are some relatively cheap options that i have to better this? How much memory should I be looking for? Do video cards have "virtual memory" like RAM? Is 128 MB sufficient (I’m not a hardcore gamer or anything), or should I shoot for 256+ MB? Thank you….

Last edited:
Okay, so someone just noted that the video card on my computer might quite possibly be the reason my DVDs won't play properly. I’m ashamed to say that while i thought it had larger onboard memory, the current video card states that it only has 64 MB. However, my Direct-X and video drivers are up-to-date. While my computer is not even a year old (8 mos.), it still only has PCI slots (and NOT PCI-express...how sad). What are some relatively cheap options that i have to better this? How much memory should I be looking for? Do video cards have "virtual memory" like RAM? Is 128 MB sufficient (I’m not a hardcore gamer or anything), or should I shoot for 256+ MB? Thank you….

64MB of onboard RAM is not sufficient for much more than email and internet .............as you have found out.
Your choice for a good AGP graphics card will depend on your budget but the $50 range will get what you need from Newegg. The Nvidia FX series are 256MB-128bit and are more than sufficient for viewing videos and all but the most demanding games. In the $100 range you can get much higher Core Clock speeds which will render even better graphics.
Another reason for poor movie playback can be from an LCD monitor with slow response speeds. They will usually exhibit "ghosting" or jerky playback in action scenes.

My pc config: Intel pentium IV 3.06 Processor(800 FSB), Asrock 945 GZ mother board. No graphic card.
Problem: I am unable to watch video files clearly when they are maximized. if anyone know about this problem guide me. thanks in advance.

My pc config: Intel pentium IV 3.06 Processor(800 FSB), Asrock 945 GZ mother board. No graphic card.
Problem: I am unable to watch video files clearly when they are maximized. if anyone know about this problem guide me. thanks in advance.

Hi, anyone can guide me about the think which have mentioned above.thanks

the current video card states that it only has 64 MB. However, my Direct-X and video drivers are up-to-date.

64MB is NOT sufficient for quality DVD playback. The video drivers/Direct X are not the problem. You will NOT achieve quality DVD playback with the onboard video capacities that you have.
The only solution is to install a graphics card. It seems that your Asrock 945 GZ (not a good quality MOBO) has a PCIE slot but it operates at 4X. Check your MOBO manual for details but I "assume" (from what I can find out) a PCIEX16 graphics card will operate in that slot but it will only give you 4X speeds.
Another alternative is a good PCI video card.

Back