Video Format not supported

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by TheHung, Nov 10, 2020.

1. TheHung

TheHung New Member

Hi,

after downloading a video, either from Amazon or Netflix, trying to watch it on a Samsung Smart TV I get an error message like 'video format not supported'.

What am I doing wrong?

Help much appreciated.

Cheers

2. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

First thing to do is to test the .mp4 file AnyStream creates by playing it on your computer in a player.

If that works, the problem is on the TV side, maybe how you're asking your TV to play the file.

If the file doesn't play in the computer, you should specify what the error is and post a logfile from AnyStream.

T

3. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

Which formats does your Samsung support?
    You may find the supported codecs in the manual of your TV.

4. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

@TheHung
    Samsung has problems with certain codecs. You're not doing anything wrong here.

5. supersonik

supersonik Member

probably the "eac" audio isnt supported
    demux the audio of the mp4 files
    lookup the bitrate which you got (mediainfo)
    convert it to ac3 or aac in the same or nearly same bitrate
    mux the new audio in

and try again.

6. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

If you own a BD player plug the USB stick with the file in the USB port of the player and try that instead of the Samsung TV directly.

7. TheHung

TheHung New Member

Gosh! What a huge amount of replies. Thanks, guys.

- Yes, the *.mp4 files are playing very well on the computer
    - I don't use the TV directly but through a NAS from Synology and it's software DS video. Another video not downloaded by Anystream work well that way.
    - The bitrate for audio is 639 kBit/s, 6 channels with a rate of 48,000 kHz. I'll try to convert the audio.
    - there are a couple of supported audio and video codecs supported. H.264 1920/1080 is one of them.

Anybody an idea how to handle - the convert idea will be tried.

Thx. again.

8. Xander

Xander Member

If you can, i would recommend you to invest in some sort of streaming device like apple tv or shield, and then you favorite streaming software, it solves a lot of playback issues.

9. TheHung

TheHung New Member

That does make no sense in my mind. I have an actual smart TV. Thx. anyway for your suggestion.

10. ArbitrarySorting

ArbitrarySorting New Member

Not smart enough or so it seems?
    A chromecast device is even less expensive and would quickly add some of that smart that your TV is lacking?

11. supersonik

supersonik Member

its not a thing about smart or new product.

its just manufactures dont want to invest to support dts and stuff like that.

12. Dissones4u

Dissones4u Active Member

If it's only one file then mux everything into an mkv container read more here but I agree with Xander, I'd add a cheap piece of hardware like Firetv, roku, chromcast etc before I went changing all of my containers from mp4 to mkv.

supersonik likes this.
  13. Xander

Xander Member

Smart TVs are usually not that smart, it might be smart when you first buy it but cant keep up and start loosing its intelligence quickly, lol little wordplay here.
    i quickly abandoned my smart TVs functions and bought Apple TVs instead, never regretted it for a second.

Mollenoh likes this.
  14. Mollenoh

Mollenoh Active Member

I agree. That's what I did too. I first tried two different Chromecasts and was disappointed by both. The Apple TV is not exactly cheap, but it blows most other streaming-devices out of the water. Synology has its own app for the Apple TV, but if that doesn't work, you can try Infuse.

Alternatively, if you don't need to stream anything directly from Netflix or other similar services, you can try a Raspberry Pi with the LibreElec / Kodi system software.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020