• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video files does not play in Blackberry Pearl

tdecker

converted file with CloneDVD Mobile does not play in Blackberry Pearl 8130. When you launch file in the Pearl's media player, it says that the file is not supported.

Has anyone gotten Verizon Blackberry Pearl DVDs converted and to play? I select the Blackberry Pearl profile, and it seems to create a 240x136 avi file.

Help?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions. - I am thinking the settings in the config file are not correct for Blackberry Pearl 8130's media player.

The AVI file created seems to be with these settings using Clone DVD Mobile's the Pearl config:
Bitate=333 kbps
Video is mpeg4, 240x136, 15fps
Audio is mp3, Bitrate=213kbps, Sample rate=48000Hz, Chan=stereo

With this created settings from Clone DVD Mobile, I am not sure BB Pearl's media player will read them?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions. - I am thinking the settings in the config file are not correct for Blackberry Pearl 8130's media player.

The AVI file created seems to be with these settings using Clone DVD Mobile's the Pearl config:
Bitate=333 kbps
Video is mpeg4, 240x136, 15fps
Audio is mp3, Bitrate=213kbps, Sample rate=48000Hz, Chan=stereo

With this created settings from Clone DVD Mobile, I am not sure BB Pearl's media player will read them?

Any suggestions?

Please post the actual specifications here, and I'll try to create a matching profile. I need to know, what your device can handle.

Blackberry supported video formats

Here you go......Optimal settings for the Media player application on the Blackberry Pearl 81XX smartphone (also see below for overall video format info support settings):

Video Settings

Video format: MPEG-4
Video file extension: .AVI
Resolution (4:3): 240x180
Resolution (16:9): 240x135
Video bitrate: 400 kbps
Frames per second: 24

Overall Supported Video Formats:

* MPEG-4 Part 2 (Simple Profile and bvop, including DivX 4)
o File formats - .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov
o Video - Up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 30 frames per second
* H.263 (Profile 0 & Profile 3)
o File formats - .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov
o Video - up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 30 frames per second
* Windows Media® Video (Simple Profile)
o File formats - .wmv
o Video - Up to 320 x 240, up to 800 kbps, up to 24 frames per second

here are the supported audio settings

in addition to above video format settings here are the optimal audio settings

Audio Settings:

Audio format: MP3
Audio bitrate: 128 kbps
Sample rate: 44 khz
Channels: 2 (Stereo)

Settings file for Blackberry?

With the settings provided above, can you provide a config file that will work for Blackberry Pearl?

thanks.

With the settings provided above, can you provide a config file that will work for Blackberry Pearl?

thanks.

Peer, could you also create a config file that will work with the 8800 for 320x180 since the pearl's screen is smaller than the 8800?

Everything else should be okay it's just the resolution that needs to be adjusted because the media player takes part of the screen.

Thanks

Back