video card

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by mihaimihaiel773, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Hi, I have a problem with the video card, it is connected to the motherboard but it doesn't give me any signal on the monitor

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A515F folosind Tapatalk

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

What model of GPU? What motherboard? Are the power cables properly connected to the GPU? Is your monitor connected to the GPU and not on-board video?

Too many unknown variables at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mihaimihaiel773 likes this.
  3. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Are there any lights on the monitor? If not the monitor either doesn't have power or is turned off.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

It's not that simple i'm afraid. Not all monitors have lights, and if there's a dedicated GPU in a system, most of them will not work well (or at all) if for example not all additional power cables (if they require them) are connected. Some will work to a degree, but most simply won't power up at all, as the PCI-E slot alone can't deliver enough power to the card. They do this as a safety measure not to burn out the pci-e socket.

RedFox 1 likes this.
  5. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

You are correct Ch3vr0n, I was just grasping at straws, its very hard to answer such a question without more information.

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

which is why i said "too many unknown variables" ;). Now OP has to respond first, but either way this is a difficult thing to fix. This kind of "problem" needs a hands-on approach for accurate diagnosis.

RedFox 1 likes this.
  7. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

You are correct 100%

8. GPU is Gt 710 the clouds are connected correctly, I don't know what to do = (

9. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

If it's a GPU soldered to the motherboard of a laptop - they tend to die before anything else dies. Then you're out of luck. Happened on 2 laptops of my son.

mihaimihaiel773 likes this.
  10. I don't have it on a laptop it's on a PC, thanks anyway for the information

11. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Pull it out. Push back in. It might be a bad connection. "Connected to the motherboard" was not very specific. Then check in "Device manager" for the presence.

12. I've tried this many times, I just don't know if the GPU doesn't work anymore because it doesn't have a fan = /

13. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Therefore the check in "Device manager".

14. I do not understand , the pc does not give any signal to the monitor

15. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Some CPUs have a GPU on chip. So you still could see a picture if you connect the monitor to the onboard chip. If you don't you can only check this card in another PC. That's it.

16. =(( so the best solution would be to get another GPU

17. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

Most likely it's dead . If you use CloneBD or any other software that you are using for video processing I recommend a NVIDIA 1660 or higher depending on on your budget.

18. Mulțumesc forte mult de ajutor <3

19. thank you very much for your help

20. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

You are very welcome! De nada.