• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video Card Suggestions for Occasional CloneBD Use

BuddyFunJet

In the past, I mainly worked with DVD on older movies and TV shows but have started with a few BluRays and the rip to MKV took four hours.

To get the time down, I am thinking a video card upgrade is in order to get hardware acceleration. I’m looking at cards that sell for about $200us used like a GTX 1070.

Is the GTX 1070 a good choice in this price range or is there a better option? What rip time should I expect with the 1070?

Gaming performance is not a consideration. This machine is only for conversions that are then loaded on a separate Plex server. The CPU is an old i7-2660, I think.

thanks for the help.

I'd go for at least the more recent 1650 or 1660 if you can find them. Or a 2070 super if it's within budget. Although the 1000 series is still good they are becoming 'old'

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Not with that particular card no. However my current 1080A (soon to be replaced by 3090 OC), does a FULL BD50 to BD25 in around 15 minutes, main movie only (depending on the settings used) rarely takes more than 10 minutes on my system.

My goal is to get the time to go from a BD to MKV main movie down to about an hour from the current four hours. I know my CPU is also a limitation but hoped a decent GPU could do the heavy lifting with the hardware acceleration.

That's precisely what CloneBD can do for you, when available, it will use the GPU and it's not going to take anywhere near half an hour. Even with that old a cpu ;)

Your help is appreciated. I ordered a new GTX 1660 for $209 USD.

Good choice!! I have a 1050 which was the minimum at that time but the 1660 is the best bang for the buck right now for your purpose.

Good choice!! I have a 1050 which was the minimum at that time but the 1660 is the best bang for the buck right now for your purpose.

Thanks. Confirmation on something I don't know much about helps relieve the sinking feeling that I made the wrong choice after clicking the purchase button.

Thanks. Confirmation on something I don't know much about helps relieve the sinking feeling that I made the wrong choice after clicking the purchase button.
Thanks again. I hope this feedback gives you a "warm and fuzzy feeling" about your choice. Excellent choice and you received also excellent advice.

Glad I could help, let's hope it won't take so long for yours to arrive as it will for my 3090 :p

I did try to warn you about that 3090 of yours. Lol You'll be lucky to see it be December.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oh I have time, I was prepared for a wait. I don't care if it takes January too, bit I WILL get that card

I've given up the search for now. Which is why the op buying a gtx 16xx card is not a bad decision for their usage scenario. A full rtx card could be overkill and overpriced right now and ampere is still a pipe dream until sometime next year. I'll try again for my bday next year. I badly want a 3080 but they are only on ebay. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yup I didn't recommend a 3000 series from the start as they're way over OP's budget.

Back