• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VHS to DVD conversion

Marcial

I know this is an ancient, obsolete matter but I am looking some suggestions, and no better place than this forum. I have been holding 2 or 3 commercial, black-and-white videotapes from the past, waiting to be released on DVD. I got the feeling that the producers have no intention to do so, such as Republic Pictures.

What I used to do in the past was transfer the recording in real time from the VHS player (Panasonic) to a DVD recorder (Panasonic also). The result was normally less that satisfactory. But it some cases, the commercial videotape comes the owner's protection that I cannot break.

Another alternative would be a software with signal converter (from RCA yellow, white and red to USB) to transfer the signal from the VHS player to my PC, with the benefits of AnyDVD and the software to capture, edit and save the files. I saw a survey in Internet giving preference to Diamond VC500 USB 2.0 One Touch VHS to DVD Capture:

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-VC50...pID=41KVvb2b3LL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Is this the best way to do VHS to digital conversion?
Has anyone used this specific software?

Jeff, but if I am not mistaken, it says that it works from VCR to VCR, so I will have to get a second VCR and record a second videotape which would not have the copy protection, and from there the rest. Am I right?

Hi Jeff,
What software do you recommend for capturing the video? Without that specific software the signal from the cable will not go anywhere in my PC.

haupaugge capture comes with the software - saved in ts format

Last edited:
Oh, I was missing that. Thanks a lot.

Back