• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Very disappointed with SlySoft here.

soundping

AnyDVD is being developed, almost every month a new and improved version is released but not CloneDVD?

AnyDVD is a great product and I always look forward to next version but, it's only half of a complete package.

I gave DVDFab Platinum a try and "wow" what a difference! it's like having AnyDVD and CloneDVD in one product.

Now, I'm thinking about buying DVDFab.

AnyDVD is being developed, almost every month a new and improved version is released but not CloneDVD?

Clonedvd is developed by Elaborate Bytes--and not Slysoft. Slysoft is a reseller of Clonedvd--and not the developer. That said, I am sympathetic to this criticism. Slysoft is the developer of Anydvd.

AnyDVD is a great product and I always look forward to next version but, it's only half of a complete package.

You can't really compare dvdfab directly to Anydvd.

Here are some other things dvdfab does not help me with:

1. dvdfab doesn't help me when I want to play original discs on my system from other regions
2. dvdfab doesn't help me if I want to watch HD-DVDs and Blu-ray on non-compliant HDMI hardware
3. dvdfab doesn't offer subtitle transparency on the fly when I want to watch dvd movies
4. dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want--faster for almost all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases; and for that Anydvd ripper since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink )

dvdfab also doesn't do the following:

from http://www.slysoft.com/anydvd.html
# Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
# Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
# Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
# Allows speed control of your DVD drives
# Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc"

I, too, wish that CloneDVD received more frequent updates. Fortunately, AnyDVD and its ripper compensate as I usually prefer DVDShrink, anyway.

However, it would be great if Slysoft could just buy CloneDVD and develop it themselves. Is Elby even working on a version that will backup the HD formats, and allow dual-layer titles to be backed up to single-layer?

I, too, wish that CloneDVD received more frequent updates. Fortunately, AnyDVD and its ripper compensate as I usually prefer DVDShrink, anyway.

However, it would be great if Slysoft could just buy CloneDVD and develop it themselves. Is Elby even working on a version that will backup the HD formats, and allow dual-layer titles to be backed up to single-layer?

Yes that would be great to know...?!

At this point in time, we cannot talk about any SlySoft development and, of course, not about any third party developments, but you can be assured that SlySoft and Elby are permanently working on improving their products.

There was no CloneDVD update recently because the software is good as it is and most of the former updates were improvements to the current software state, no newly added value.

There is a huge difference in a product that needs to be updated frequently because it depends on keeping up with the current external development, like AnyDVD, and one that is working flawlessly as it is.

We have forwarded your suggestions to Elaborate Bytes and we assume with "dual layer titles to be backed up to single layer", you are referring to copying a copy and not copying an original (because compressing data without any remarkable quality loss is CloneDVD's main selling point).

We have forwarded your suggestions to Elaborate Bytes and we assume with "dual layer titles to be backed up to single layer", you are referring to copying a copy and not copying an original (because compressing data without any remarkable quality loss is CloneDVD's main selling point).

No, I just meant a future version of CloneDVD that would hopefully allow 50GB BD-ROM originals to be backed up to 25GB BD-Rs and 30GB HD-DVD-ROMs to 15GB HD-DVD-Rs. Obviously there's not a whole lot of point in such a product now, given the high prices of burners and media... but the prices do seem to be dropping faster than CD and DVD equipment and media did before them. So I'm just hoping Elby, or Slysoft, is working on a CloneDVD HD in preparation for the future.

CloneDVD2

Please disregard this.

Last edited:
Isn't Elby the mother company of Slysoft? Wasn't it Elby who started AnyDVD before these tools were banned by law in Switzerland and so Slysoft was founded in Antigua? It wouldn't surprise me if the same guys in Switzerland are developing AnyDVD (would explain the salary in Euro) and there is only an office on this small carribean island.

I gave DVDFab Platinum a try and "wow" what a difference! it's like having AnyDVD and CloneDVD in one product.

Now, I'm thinking about buying DVDFab.

Ok - is this a better alternativ rip/burning programme 'all in one' you can recommend ?

Ok - is this a better alternativ rip/burning programme 'all in one' you can recommend ?

Sorry you are on a slysoft forum and we will recommend that you use clonedvd2 with anydvd simply because they are meant to work together at best. If you want you can use another program to do so but it is recommended to use clonedvd2 with anydvd.

Programs that work well with anydvd are :

1. DVD Shrink ( Although there is quite a few times you must rip using anydvd first then use DVD Shrink ) this is free but comes with issues now days.

2. Nero Recode

3. Roxio

4. DVD neXt COPY

5. Imgburn ( this is free as well but you can only do dual layered dvd's with this application alone).

6. One Click DVD Copy

7. DVD Rebuilder free or DVD Rebuilder Pro.

Again these all are great and I own them all and some not mentioned but it is really recommended to use CloneDVD2 as it is made to work well with no issues with AnyDVD.

Anydvd/Clonedvd compare to other app.

I have all my respect for these programmes and i allways use this ... so far

Great so now to answer your question in short....YES this is the best combo.....really recommended to use CloneDVD2 as it is made to work well with no issues with AnyDVD

My $.02...Try every software that offers a fully functional free trial for a time period that will allow to thoroughly evaluate it.
I have and use many different ones but for me... AnyDVD, Shrink and any burning software is my preferred method for "movie only" and DVDFab Platinum if I want to customize or copy the "whole movie".

Back