• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Very Disappointed - *Virus Alert*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolerro

I downloaded the trials for both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. After using it for a short time, McAfee found the "generic.dx" trojan attached to the CLONEDVD2-UNINST.EXE file. I did do a search through google and other search engines and found that this "generic.dx" trojan is also attached to the mobile version and recognized by many other popular virus scanners.

I was initially very impressed with the software, however I am now very disappointed that a Trojan file was attached to CloneDVD2. I had plans on purchasing both products, however at this time I will not.

Great software, poor decision to not scan and verify it was virus/trojan free before releasing to public.

I downloaded the trials for both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. After using it for a short time, McAfee found the "generic.dx" trojan attached to the CLONEDVD2-UNINST.EXE file. I did do a search through google and other search engines and found that this "generic.dx" trojan is also attached to the mobile version and recognized by many other popular virus scanners.

I was initially very impressed with the software, however I am now very disappointed that a Trojan file was attached to CloneDVD2. I had plans on purchasing both products, however at this time I will not.

Great software, poor decision to not scan and verify it was virus/trojan free before releasing to public.

There is no virus. I suggest you contact Mcafee and report the problem and send along the file(s) reported as infected. There is no infection.

Refer to another post today from someone also using Mcafee who also reported the same issue: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=28226

It would appear that Mcafee pushed out a virus definition update that is now flagging files from AnyDVD and CloneDVD as infected when they aren't. The blame in this situation falls to Mcafee.

In short, if you downloaded your software from Slysoft's servers then you do not have a virus.

Contact Mcafee and send them the file and see what they have to say. I'm guessing that since the other poster already reported the issue that a new set of virus definitions will be pushed out within the next day or so that resolves this false detection.

In the future, I suggest that when you report problems like this either in these forums or the forums of another software program that you try to be more tactful in your approach. You could have reported this in a much better way.

I contacted McAfee today and chated with tech support. They questioned me about if I have any pop ups. I said no. I have used the software since january with no issues and have been familar with the software since it was developed and have many friends who use it. It is safe! I was concerned that the trojan was from another source so I ask Slysoft to take a look at it and see if it was good file and they said yes. It was a false positive. This is another example how they work and you can get more info here http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=225355 Purchase the software you wont be disappointed!

What???

Drink...

How was my report of this issue not "Tactful"?

Did I use any foul language? Did I put down the software? Did I really post anything that was innapropriate?

No... I posted the error that I got, explained what file it was attached to and that through web searches it was found with other scanners and on other clonedvd files.

I explained how disappointed I was that it was found and I planned on buying the software.

I also said the software works great and that I am disappointed that it wasn't scanned or verified.

So if you want to slam me for not using tact... then please let me know where the hell I was not tactful. The ONLY thing that could very slightly be questioned is my assumption that the software was not virus scanned... but really... your going to slam me on one small section of my post?

I contacted McAfee today and chated with tech support. They questioned me about if I have any pop ups. I said no. I have used the software since january with no issues and have been familar with the software since it was developed and have many friends who use it. It is safe! I was concerned that the trojan was from another source so I ask Slysoft to take a look at it and see if it was good file and they said yes. It was a false positive. This is another example how they work and you can get more info here http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=225355 Purchase the software you wont be disappointed!

Thanks Lug!!!

I also have a friend who uses the software. He is the one who suggested it. I appreciate your comments and not going into a flamefest about my post.

Well, you were wrong for starters, and you didn't search before posting. There is no virus or trojan if you download directly from Slysoft's servers.

and that I am disappointed that it wasn't scanned or verified

You're writing the above as though that helps your position? You're wrong. You were wrong when you wrote it the first time, and you're still wrong.

If you download directly from Slysoft there is no virus. You download elsewhere, you take your chances, and McAfee antivirus has one of the worst track records of any antivirus product in the industry:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=27915

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/results?vendor=VE2
VB100 Results Overview: McAfee
38 Success / 21 Failure / 3 No Entry

I support Drinklyeanddie's comments wholeheartedly, and you're more than welcome to leave these forums should you bother me again with the report function for being called out for reporting a false positive. :policeman:
That's a complete abuse of the feature (and a waste of my time).

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4
"Please refrain from posting meaningless threads"

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system." :policeman:

I get called away from important work to go look at a false positive report? :rolleyes:

Use the report function again to whine about Drinklyeanddie, and you will find your account banned.
What utter nonsense moderators have to put up with . . .

Thread closed :policeman:

Last edited:
Drink...

Did I use any foul language? Did I put down the software? Did I really post anything that was innapropriate?

No... I posted the error that I got, explained what file it was attached to and that through web searches it was found with other scanners and on other clonedvd files.

I explained how disappointed I was that it was found and I planned on buying the software.

I also said the software works great and that I am disappointed that it wasn't scanned or verified.

So if you want to slam me for not using tact... then please let me know where the hell I was not tactful. The ONLY thing that could very slightly be questioned is my assumption that the software was not virus scanned... but really... your going to slam me on one small section of my post?

The topic title and your own words are what I'm referring to:

If I had a problem such as this with any software I would have notified the software maker, searched the forums for other people reporting the problem, posted in the forums and asked if anyone else was having a problem, and submitted the file to my AV vendor for analysis. In essence your posting said that Slysoft had foisted a virus-ridden download to its users because they hadn't scanned their own products implying they have poor security practices.

Seeing that the detection is a false-detection and not a virus...

Sometime soon Mcafee will likely be releasing updated definition files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back