• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Very Disappointed in AnyDvd

|TG|Hyperion

Anydvd has been good to me for years and I was one of the people that used the trial over and over again. Recently, I decided to support the program that I always relied on and purchased the license. Which I'm not accustomed to. I recently tried to backup new releases and anydvd wasn't there for me. I realize studios are always increasing the security on dvds to stop people from making backups but even trying the new beta version I downloaded from your forums didn't do the trick. So, I tried another program which was dvdfab. Fab ripped through the dvds like butter and made excellent copies without a problem. I'm very disappointed in Anydvd not staying in front of the newest security measures on new releases. :(

Anydvd has been good to me for years and I was one of the people that used the trial over and over again. Recently, I decided to support the program that I always relied on and purchased the license. Which I'm not accustomed to. I recently tried to backup new releases and anydvd wasn't there for me. I realize studios are always increasing the security on dvds to stop people from making backups but even trying the new beta version I downloaded from your forums didn't do the trick. So, I tried another program which was dvdfab. Fab ripped through the dvds like butter and made excellent copies without a problem. I'm very disappointed in Anydvd not staying in front of the newest security measures on new releases. :(
You use the AnyDVD 6.1.4.2 beta, didn't you?

How about posting some information on your problem instead of bashing the product? What DVD was it? What error message did you get? Show us the AnyDVD status window. You do realize coming to this forum and posting a "Hey, I'm having this problem with AnyDVD, can you help" type of message is likely to get you a response that allows you to fix the problem, right? AnyDVD works fine for all known protected discs and if you've encountered one it doesn't work for, Slysoft will happily work on fixing that problem...but you need to provide some basic information instead of just saying how disappointed you are.

I realize studios are always increasing the security on dvds to stop people from making backups but even trying the new beta version I downloaded from your forums didn't do the trick. :(

Then you're doing something wrong, as there is no title currently that I'm aware of that Anydvd can't handle. As for dvdfab, Anydvd handled the protect-dvd titles from Germany first before dvdfab did.

Last edited:
Anydvd has been good to me for years and I was one of the people that used the trial over and over again. :(

You used the trial over and over again for years? :confused: Sounds like someone who didn't have a problem, just wanted to make an advertisement.

Sadly, you've offered nothing that will allow anyone to help you. I've had no issues with any of the newer protections so I can't relate to your problems.

Maybe it's karma that after using it repeatedly in trial mode over and over and now that you purchased it something isn't working right. Maybe it's a compatibility problem or user error. No one knows since you offered zero information. Speculation is useless.

I won't accuse you of being a DVDFab shill but your post seems to be more of an advertisement than anything related to support or even asking a question. If DVDFab works for you then great but you're missing out on a lot of nice benefits that AnyDVD offers.

Your choice. Your loss.

Last edited:
@ |TG|Hyperion,

From the tone of your posting it appears your posting has noting to do about getting to the nuts and bolts of the “Problem” you are experiencing with AnyDVD but is a troll posting for DVDFab.

If you are serious in obtaining assistance with your AnyDVD “Problem” provide the basic information required for meaningful troubleshooting and knowledgeable experienced Forum Members will gladly provide assistance.

|TG|Hyperion said:
.....I'm very disappointed in AnyDVD not staying in front of the newest security measures on new releases.....
Would you be gracious and provide information on exactly what “New Releases” you are referring to?

Regards,
Coaster

This is by no means a plug for dvdfab and far from a bashing fest againest anydvd. I expressed my devotion for this product when I purchased the license. I said, "I was disappointed". The reason I didn't post my problem was because the other program backed-up my dvds. Thats all, nothing was implied other then that. For the record the following backups failed using anydvd were:

(1) Dream Girls
(2) The Queen

I used Video Vault and DvdX Platinum. At startup I was prompt a window explaining the dvd was CSS incrypted. But, I had anydvd running in the background as always. Anydvd scanned the dvd and found several security measures and fixed all of them. But, failed to copy over.

I've used AnyDVD on both of those titles. So, AnyDVD is NOT the issue. I don't know anything about the programs you just mentioned, but, if you use the AnyDVD Ripper and then use those programs, you won't have any problems.

(1) Dream Girls
(2) The Queen

Anydvd works perfectly fine with these titles.

The reason I didn't post my problem was because the other program backed-up my dvds.

If you're not interested in resolving your issue then I fail to see why you're posting.
If you are interested in resolving your issue then provide the information that's requested of you.

read and answer: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3986
follow the steps http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559
read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328

Last edited:
Webslinger,

thanks again, well it's getting late here on the west coast of the USA, so I'm going to bed, so happy posting and I'll talk to you another day.

AnyDVD and rippers

I've been using AnyDVD for about 9 months now and have yet to find any commercially available DVD's that this program cannot remove the protection from.

What I've noticed is that some newer users fail to realize is that backing up a DVD is a Three-step process...
Step 1-use AnyDVD to "unlock" the data on the DVD

Step 2-use a ripping program to "copy" an image (like taking a picture)

Step 3-use a burning ROM (like NERO) to write data onto a blank disc

Any failure in step two or three seems to be blamed on the software in step one, when in fact the problem may be ripper related. I generally use Clone DVD on feature movies and have NEVER had a software related failure. Bad media, but never software. Sometimes I may try to use DVD Shrink to rip, but some titles (Saw 3) will not rip with this.

I'm not trying to sound like a salesman for SlySoft, but it is a superior product and most problems can be traced to operator error.

Sometimes I may try to use DVD Shrink to rip, but some titles (Saw 3) will not rip with this.
I used to use DVD Shrink for all my backups, but recently since the free version 3.2 cant handle the wacky Sony DVD structures, i decided to switch to CloneDVD (it was a choice between that and the new Shrink that they want $$$ for and since I was so happy with AnyDVD and Slysoft, i chose to spend my money on CloneDVD.)

I used to use DVD Shrink for all my backups, but recently since the free version 3.2 cant handle the wacky Sony DVD structures, i decided to switch to CloneDVD (it was a choice between that and the new Shrink that they want $$$ for and since I was so happy with AnyDVD and Slysoft, i chose to spend my money on CloneDVD.)

As of Anydvd 6.1.4.3, Anydvd ripper will produce full disc backups of all the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases for Shrink. Clonedvd, however, remains a better choice as you can remove
unwanted material before importing into Shrink.

(1) Dream Girls
(2) The Queen

i backed up both titles using clonedvd2 and anydvd if you used the program for yrs as you say then you were using a cracked version of anydvd and shouldn't even ask for help that is only my opinion

I've used AnyDVD for quite awhile and I can honestly say the software is the BEST out there. And it keeps getting better by the day... I think the originator of this post has another agenda...

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

As of Anydvd 6.1.4.3, Anydvd ripper will produce full disc backups of all the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases for Shrink. Clonedvd, however, remains a better choice as you can remove
unwanted material before importing into Shrink.

I still prefer CloneDVD as time is a factor for me. ;)

Back