• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim External Writer - 4k Ultra HD reading?

Dosflash is dangerous and outdated. It was used in the very beginning of UHDs. The older flash tools like patched LG and ASUS flasher can't handle encrypted firmware as found in newer LG drives. The ASUS is still not encrypted and if SDFtool flasher would have issues these two patched flashers can still be used.
I used the Asus flasher I think.

I used the Asus flasher I think.
Which is fine but like said won't work with newer LG drives anymore. Therefore my general guide uses SDFtool flasher. Also to avoid flashing older drives before 2015 with the same name but would be bricked. The SDFtool reports the required M1959 chip. If the drive has an older chip and you flash it you brick it.

If the drive has an older chip and you flash it you brick it.
Heard of that when I asked about another drive of someone I know I has been told that it comes with an older chip and therefore it will be bricked when I flash it.

This again. Yes there is, i told you this last time you said that. The BU30N.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
No. This is misinformation. This drive was sometimes called "friendly" but it is not. Prove it.

Same links like last time. That drive is and always has been friendly soccer the start of that term and friendly list.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/9-5mm-or-12-7mm-slim-uhd-friendly-drive-recommendations.76682/ (Marty originally came up with the firmware flashing)

https://www.myce.com/news/the-ultim...list-with-recommendation-of-best-drive-83254/

https://www.leawo.org/tutorial/10-best-4k-uhd-drives-for-pc-1400.html.

Need more?

You need to show me a status window of AnyDVD of a BU30N with an UHD disc that will be decrypted. Unless I stay with my statement.

So you're calling me a liar, when there's a ton of topics/posts on this very forum if you search Google for 'uhd friendly bu30n', as well as calling MartyMcNuts and teddyraspin liars, who pioneered crossflashing and specifically state the drive is friendly? The people who maintained a drive list here initially, and then over at MYCE, they're all liars too?

Here's another link saying the 30n friendly. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/problem-with-uhd-the-big-lebowski.75991/

There's obviously not going to be (many) logs, side people don't create those until there's a problem?

So you're calling me a liar, when there's a ton of topics/posts on this very forum if you search Google for 'uhd friendly bu30n', as well as calling MartyMcNuts and teddyraspin liars, who pioneered crossflashing and specifically state the drive is friendly? The people who maintained a drive list here initially, and then over at MYCE, they're all liars too?

Here's another link saying the 30n friendly. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/problem-with-uhd-the-big-lebowski.75991/

There's obviously not going to be (many) logs, side people don't create those until there's a problem?

Keep cool. This has nothing to do with a "liar" or whatsoever. There was never a patched BU30N firmware available anywhere. So it could never been proven if the BU30N is friendly or not. It just can't be made friendly to read UHDs with AnyDVD. So if you like... It's maybe a friendly drive but it can't be made so friendly that it reads UHDs with AnyDVD. Satisfied?
The statement stays: There is no slim drive that works with AnyDVD.

Hey Guys, when i am trying to access the SDFTool Flasher and the MK firmwares it says "Account suspended?!? I cannot access makemkv.com, it says "Account Suspended",
can you put the files maybe on an another Hoster? For example Mediafire.com?

Please help me Guys.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, when i am trying to access the SDFTool Flasher and the MK firmwares it says "Account suspended?!? I cannot access makemkv.com, it says "Account Suspended",

Please help me Guys.

Thanks!
Did you bought the Drive from my link, Asus BW316D1HT or another one?
I stil have the tool on my harddrive so I will remove the other models that are not necessary from the folder to make the file size fit the upload limit on this forum and will simply attach it here.

Please help me Guys.

Thanks!
Periodically the main web site is down. The forum site still works if you google "makemkv forum" you can get there. However the links to the forum also do not work directly and give you this message. I intentionally used these links especially because the beta key changes frequently. You can download the program also from here:

https://makemkv.de.uptodown.com/windows

If you need the firmware and the SDFtool Flasher plus beta key just send me a PM and I will forward them to you. On the other side the main page should be up again soon but until then just contact me.

@ DeepSpace

i bought the Asus BW-16D1HT Drive from Amazon Germany , because i live in Austria, it would be too expensive if i bought it from Amazon USA

@coopervid - i have just sent you a PM

@ DeepSpace

i bought the Asus BW-16D1HT Drive from Amazon Germany , because i live in Austria, it would be too expensive if i bought it from Amazon USA

@coopervid - i have just sent you a PM
Where you bought it should not matter, only important is your model, so I can send you the correct files.

Glad it worked now for you.
Does that mean he send you a message and you already helped him out?

Back