• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim DVD+R DL Still Made in Singapore

Rodster

I picked up Verbatim DVD+R DL discs today and shocked to discover they still made in Singapore, not Taiwan. Verbatim #94912 0705-102. Despite the packaging indicating 2.4x at the bottom of the front cover it says "up to 6x". Cost: $30 for 10. I just hope Verbatim don't stop Singapore producing these.

I picked up Verbatim DVD+R DL discs today and shocked to discover they still made in Singapore, not Taiwan.

You mean "not India" (by Moser Baer)

You probably found a place that still has some old stock, which is good.

I've read rumours of some Verbatim +R DL being made in Taiwan, but I haven't seen any.

I've read rumours of some Verbatim +R DL being made in Taiwan, but I haven't seen any.

Maybe I should stock up while they are available, because the changes in manufacturing are usually pretty sudden - one day Made in Singapore, next day Made in India - no warning. I have stayed away from the Verbatim -R DL as recommended. These ones say "up to 6x *". The * denotes "up to 6x speed with compatible with high speed DVD+R DL drives". I too have heard of DL's being made in Taiwan too, but no sign yet. I recently found out TDK (which I used for a couple of years with no issues) sold off their media division to Imation - bit of a shock that one.

Verbatim BD-R DL source

Just picked up from www.meritline.com....
verbatim (96909) blu ray double layer branded media disc (bd r disc) 50gb 2x dl bdr media discs write once in 10 cake box spindle 243-074 @ $12 ea.

Back