Verbatim DVD+R DL Media Problems?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Customer_1, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Customer_1

Customer_1 Member

Any info about the Verbatim media now being a problem, because it has changed mfg. locations? I've had no problems with 95310 product purchased some months ago, but a friends recent purchase from NewEgg had 2 out of 4 fail on my system, which has no problem with my earlier Verbatim media. I also see that folks on NewEgg are now reporting the Verbatim DL product has gone sour with recent purchases. Anyone here know what's going on with the Verbatim product? What is considered a suitable alternative brand?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Yeah, the ones made in Singapore tend to be better than the ones made in India.

As for alternatives, MAM-A 8x +R DLs are decent. That's not to be confused with MAM-E . . .

However, one should keep in mind that the capacity to burn +R DL discs properly is one of first things to go bad on a burner that's slowly dying.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  3. salah_owis2007

salah_owis2007 New Member

[​IMG]

4. Customer_1

Customer_1 Member

I 've evidently been using media mfg'd in Sinapore, as it burns fine without any problems. Drives are recent Pioneer 112d and 212d. It is only the new stock (within the last 15 days) that is troublesome. The stock I purchased over 90 days ago continues to produce copies without errors. How does somebody identify where the media was mfg'd? Online media sources do not include this info, nor have I seen anything on DVD media container labels, looking at packaging at local stores... where the prices are absurd. Is it the code on the hub that identifies place of mfg?
    Thanks

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Where the product is made is indicated below the bar code label.

17-130-008-04.jpg

6. Customer_1

Customer_1 Member

Thank you, Webslinger! Guess I need stronger glasses. The labels are slightly different so the place of mfg appears in different places. Here are a couple of pics showing where to look, including the different outside labels, the bottom label used on the product mfg'd in Singapore :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps others here.