• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim DL discs

pprizwan

I bought a pack of the Verbatim AZO discs, DVD+R-DL, and now everytime I try to burn to one of these, it says that I have bad media. I can burn to a regular disc, DVD+R, but not to a DVD+R-DL.
Once in a while it will burn about 40% of the item.

I know they don't make them in Singapore anymore, is that the problem, do I have a whole stack of bad discs ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

What is 'it' in 'it says...'? What's the disc MID? Are you not burning SL size on DL disc...

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

"It" is Clone DVD II, where do I find the MID ? is that the number stamped in the center of the disc that is almost impossible to read ?

No it's not. If you have ImgBurn it's pretty easy to find. Insert a blank disc, go to "Explore" and copy/paste the contents here. Or you can follow this guide. http://www.supermediastore.com/article/u/dvd-identifier

Also insert a random DVD and provide an anydvd logfile. I'll check then if there's a firmware update available for your drive.

Here is the DVD info...
upload_2016-12-28_20-0-32.png

Are these discs any good or did I just buy a bunch of you know what ??

I went to image burn, but I can not find the "explore" that you speak of.

You'd need to have downloaded it first. It's an option within the program. But the DVD info one was fine. They're the right ones. I'll see if there's a newer firmware for that drive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I have tried a few Verbatim DVD-R DL discs, and I get the same result every time, see the screen shot.
Just for giggles, I tried a Memorex disc that I had laying around, and it burned nicely. Also, the Verbatim DVD+R discs work just fine, only the DL do not work.
Is it possible I got a bad batch of discs ? or is there some setting that may have changed ? This is strange, I've never had this problem before .

Heres a pic of the screen

Attachments

• Bad Media.jpg
    Bad Media.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 21
Could you provide an anydvd logfile of a random movie? Which burn speed did you select in CloneDVD?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

@pprizwan
Are they made in UAE ?
Which burn speeds have you used ?
Please also try to make an ISO with CloneDVD, then burn that ISO with ImgBurn at 4x.

There's no point yet to try a different program until we to the root

There is always a point to rule out the program as a possible source.

Perhaps but CloneDVD being a problem is extremely unlikely. Especially if it worked fine before. Software doesn't suddenly break or cause burn errors. There's usually underlying factors, which is exactly what I'm trying to find out.

Did a little test, I can burn single layer discs no problem, I've also burned DL discs when disc I am backing up is less than 2 hours, I did find one DL disc that would not do anythning, maybe a coaster.
I did change the speed in imgburn to 6X, I don't know if that helped or not. I will have to try one that way when the original is over 2 hours.

Back