• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim 16x +R DL coming soon?

I'd rather see them manufacture "Printable" +R DL discs, that will print to the center hole. Who cares about 16X DL's? So what if the burn finishes 5 minutes quicker.........

I'd rather see them manufacture "Printable" +R DL discs

Verbatim does, but I forget if it's hub printable. Those printable Verbatims are pretty pricey where I am.

Last edited:
I've never even seen them online, and definitely not in any stores........ :(

ah great, hopefully that means their 8x will become affordable, i'm sorry but 3ukp per disc is never going to sell - they have to come to about 1ukp (2usd).

i couldn't care less about being printable.

i'm sorry but 3ukp per disc is never going to sell - they have to come to about 1ukp (2usd).

They could sometimes be found on sale for $1 U.S. per disc in Canada (and sometimes, on rare occasions, for not much more in the U.S.). I'm not sure why they cost so much more elsewhere.

The thing is I haven't heard of any burners supporting 16x speeds for DL.

ah great, hopefully that means their 8x will become affordable, i'm sorry but 3ukp per disc is never going to sell - they have to come to about 1ukp (2usd).

i couldn't care less about being printable.

LOL I'm not paying what they are getting for non printable D/L media. My copies are just fine using the old antiquated single layer media that I get for about $.20 apiece. :D :D

They could sometimes be found on sale for $1 U.S. per disc in Canada (and sometimes, on rare occasions, for not much more in the U.S.). I'm not sure why they cost so much more elsewhere.

The thing is I haven't heard of any burners supporting 16x speeds for DL.

methinks i've got to start looking for some canadian retailers that will ship to england or france ;)

the problem with dl is that because there's almost twice as much on the disc, burning takes that much longer - a 16x dl burn is going to take about as long as an 8x sl burn, and i've just got used to 18x sl burning with my nec7173

realistically i don't think dl will ever take off, it's not fast or cheap enough and still not really big enough, and lets face it, only verbatim make discs that work! but it's got until bluray/hddvd burners/media get affordable, which will be a couple of years yet...

LOL I'm not paying what they are getting for non printable D/L media. My copies are just fine using the old antiquated single layer media that I get for about $.20 apiece. :D :D

Buy in bulk. I get single layer discs for about 12c each and DL for about 80c when I buy cases of 4 100pk spools.

realistically i don't think dl will ever take off, it's not fast or cheap enough and still not really big enough, and lets face it, only verbatim make discs that work! but it's got until bluray/hddvd burners/media get affordable, which will be a couple of years yet...

I would have to agree with you. D/L stayed too expensive for too long. High prices and lack of consumer enthusiasm kept sales low and now there are new things on the horizon. Personally, I have some doubts about the newer technology taking hold for several years but time will tell.

Back