• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD won't work with Windows 8 CP x64

From the same post you quoted
Did you try copying an ISO to your local drive as it may be a networking issue
Which you still didn't answer the question of whether they played from a local drive or not using VCD. Also if you then look at my later posts (which I know you read) I said I'd then tried it on multiple systems using different hardware. If you'd just answered the one question on whether it worked on an ISO on a local drive we'd have got to the problem a lot quicker as we'd have narrowed it down then and there that it was a VCD/NAS issue and not a general VCD issue

From the same post you quoted
Which you still didn't answer the question of whether they played from a local drive or not using VCD. Also if you then look at my later posts (which I know you read) I said I'd then tried it on multiple systems using different hardware. If you'd just answered the one question on whether it worked on an ISO on a local drive we'd have got to the problem a lot quicker as we'd have narrowed it down then and there that it was a VCD/NAS issue and not a general VCD issue

:bowdown:

Sure, you handled this perfectly and I'm a moron.

Let's move on.

I decided to test this on a brand new computer build that I installed Windows 8 64 bit, and I can confirm that on my system attempting to mount an iso over my network will cause Windows 8 to crash. If I copy the iso to my hard drive, everything works fine. There are no programs on this build other that TMT 5 for blu ray playback, and the latest release of VCD. Perhaps the problem is with mounting an iso over a network?

The problem has ALWAYS been to mount an ISO from a network share. This is what has been reported. No one has yet been interested in the issue enough to try to reproduce it or to investigate it properly. October 26 is not far away now, so we'll find out soon.

Hopefully if more reports come in, at some point James will reconsider.

Last edited:
The problem has ALWAYS been to mount an ISO from a network share. This is what has been reported. No one has yet been interested in the issue enough to try to reproduce it or to investigate it properly. October 26 is not far away now, so we'll find out soon.

Hopefully if more reports come in, at some point James will reconsider.
No you're wrong, once we did find that was the cause I checked and could reproduce it and James asked me to upload a Win8 minidump, which I did (I already said this a few posts back which you quoted in one of your later posts)

Last edited:
No you're wrong, once we did find that was the cause I checked and could reproduce it and James asked me to upload a Win8 minidump, which I did (I already said this a few posts back which you quoted in one of your later posts)

This is good news.

Last edited:
You need to explain in what way it doesn't work for you. What exactly are you doing? Is the ISO on a local drive or on a NAS? Manni has not come back to say whether it's only on ISO's on a NAS that causes the issue, but so far we've confirmed the bluescreen only seems to happen for others when trying to access an ISO off a NAS drive.

Sorry for the late answer.
Windows8 crashes when I try to mount an ISO from an external harddrive, haven't tried it from a NAS or local drive.

I'm sorry, I tried it again and what should I say, this time it worked.
I have the external harddrive connected by usb and you're right it works.
I really don't know what happened last time.
But I tried it now also from a network connection and it crashes.

So hopefully there will be a solution for that one day.

Sorry about the confusion I created here.

No problem, it's always better to test and give more information than less

Any updates to this?

I'm seeing exactly the same. Blue screen on Windows 8 RTM - when I mount an ISO stored on a NAS with Virtual Clone Drive. If the ISO is local, it works like a charm.

On Windows 7 this worked.

I have same problem. ISO on NAS, Windows 8 Pro RTM. BSOD.

Please provide an updated version of VCD that is compatible with Windows 8.

That's not up to Slysoft, Slysoft don't make VCD, it's made by Elaborate Bytes

That's not up to Slysoft, Slysoft don't make VCD, it's made by Elaborate Bytes
But other than SlySoft distributing CloneDVD & VCD (and using its drivers), Elby is pretty much dead. Would VCD have ever been updated for BD ISOs if not for AnyDVD HD users needing that feature to get around (a) commercial software blocking BD HDD rips and (b) conflicts with SPTD in Daemon Tools & Alcohol? I know Elby is still a separate company, but surely the best way to get in touch with what's left of Elby is thru SlySoft. If Elby doesn't fix VCD before Win 8 hits stores, it's a black eye for SlySoft as well as Elby...

Any updates to this?

I'm seeing exactly the same. Blue screen on Windows 8 RTM - when I mount an ISO stored on a NAS with Virtual Clone Drive. If the ISO is local, it works like a charm.

On Windows 7 this worked.

I can confirm that VCD does not work on W8 Enterprise when ISO image is on a NAS or a shared server drive. It will Blue Screen and dump/reboot. It will work when on a local drive. By the way Daemon Tools Lite does work like a charm.

Here is the solution to BSOD using VCD in MCE on my Win 8 Pro 64 system. Note that I am not using a NAS, but a DAS connected via USB 3.0, but was experiencing the same BSOD others have discribed.

1. Using file explorer, right click on any drive (doesn't matter if it is local or external) and select "properties"

2. Go to the "Hardware" tab and select an external drive from the list of disk drives shown and click the "Properties" button (bottom right)

3. Click "Change Settings" button (bottom left) - which should open a second window

4. In the window which just opened, select the "Policies" tab

5. On the Policies tab you should have two removal policy options 1) Quick Removal (default policy) and 2) Better Performance. Check the "Better Perfomance" option. For me, not having write caching turned on was the cause of my BSOD with VCD.

I ran a couple of tests where I turned write caching on and off. When off would get BSOD; when on eveything worked great.

Hope this helps

Here is the solution to BSOD using VCD in MCE on my Win 8 Pro 64 system. Note that I am not using a NAS, but a DAS connected via USB 3.0, but was experiencing the same BSOD others have discribed.

1. Using file explorer, right click on any drive (doesn't matter if it is local or external) and select "properties"

2. Go to the "Hardware" tab and select an external drive from the list of disk drives shown and click the "Properties" button (bottom right)

3. Click "Change Settings" button (bottom left) - which should open a second window

4. In the window which just opened, select the "Policies" tab

5. On the Policies tab you should have two removal policy options 1) Quick Removal (default policy) and 2) Better Performance. Check the "Better Perfomance" option. For me, not having write caching turned on was the cause of my BSOD with VCD.

I ran a couple of tests where I turned write caching on and off. When off would get BSOD; when on eveything worked great.

Hope this helps

Your second sentence says it all. You did this on a DAS not a NAS. This would not work on a NAS. you can not alter the properties of a networked drive.

VCD - Not Fully Compatible w/ Windows 8 Pro X64

I'm having the same exact issue when mounting an .iso file from my NAS with VCD. (Had no issues prior to upgrading to Win8 Pro).

I'm getting the blue screen countdown screen every single time I attempt to mount any file from a Network location. I've spent endless hours trying every possible work around I could think of but it's been useless.

All of this started happening right after the Windows 8 Upgrade. I've got VCD Version 5.4.5.0 installed.

There currently is no way to do this on a networked Las. The isos need to be mounted locally to avoid the bsod

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

There currently is no way to do this on a networked Las. The isos need to be mounted locally to avoid the bsod

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

This is not true. Daemon Tools Lite has been updated to support Windows 8, and it works absolutely fine when streaming ISOs from a NAS.

It's only with VCD that Windows 8 crashes in this situation.

Back