• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD with PS3 and external HD?

DavidFynn

Can anyone tell me if VCD can be used with Blu-ray rips on an external HD connected to my PS3 without a PC? Or do i have to connect a PC?

Help !

I have just bought a PS3 to play my Blu Ray rips with via an external HDD which I also use to play them though my laptop on my main HD TV.

I use iso's with VCD, now I understand that I need to instll Linux with WINE, but can someone be kind enough to explain to me which versions of linux to use and where would I get the downloads for Linux and WINE ?

As you can guess I am NOT a technical person by any stretch of the imagination, but would be really grateful if someone could help me to play the rips through the PS3.

Please Help !!

Thanks

PS3 Linux Hard Drive play ripped m2ts files DTS

Hi Tenpin,

Running Linux on a PS3 is cool, but you have to be aware that this requires advanced knowledge of computer systems. You will have to read a lot of articles and manuals - and there is no click-click-off-you-go-solution. Sorry, we cannot provide you with a complete walkthrough on how to install and run Linux on your PS3.

Take a look at Wiki for a start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_PlayStation_3

Try playing your ripped M2TS files (in the BDMV folder) directly with the PS3. However, the PS3 appears not to play DTS audio this way.

Cheers
Chris

Back