• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD to hardisk?

Can CloneDVD copy VCD files to harddisk, so that they're playable in PowerDVD from there? I searched the forum and found the thread below, but it concerns copying a VCD onto another CD, which is not what I want.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=28891&highlight=Video+CD

No. CloneDVD only works with a DVD stucture. VideoCDs have a completely different structure.

I would suggest using CloneCD and rip the Video CD to an ISO image and mount it using Virtual CloneDrive. If PowerDVD supports VideoCD playback then you can play from the mounted image. I would expect PowerDVD to handle VideoCDs but it's been years since I even dealt with one.

Last edited:
I would suggest using CloneCD and rip the Video CD to an ISO image and mount it using Virtual CloneDrive.

In CloneCD, which option should I choose when writing a VCD to an image? I see: Audio CD, Data CD, Game CD, Multimedia Audio CD, Protected PC Game.

In CloneCD, which option should I choose when writing a VCD to an image? I see: Audio CD, Data CD, Game CD, Multimedia Audio CD, Protected PC Game.

try DataCD as it's obviously not one of the others.

Just wanted to report that the process works as described above: wrote VCD image to hardisk with CloneCD, mounted with Virtual CloneDrive, viewed with PowerDVD. Thanks a bunch. One thing I don't get: the suggestion above mentions an ISO file. In CloneCD, when I insert the VCD and choose "Read to Image File"->"DataCD", the only format option I see in the file dialog is "CloneCD Image Control File". There's no ISO option. The "Control File" creates ccd/img/sub files. How do I write to ISO?

Just wanted to report that the process works as described above: wrote VCD image to hardisk with CloneCD, mounted with Virtual CloneDrive, viewed with PowerDVD. Thanks a bunch. One thing I don't get: the suggestion above mentions an ISO file. In CloneCD, when I insert the VCD and choose "Read to Image File"->"DataCD", the only format option I see in the file dialog is "CloneCD Image Control File". There's no ISO option. The "Control File" creates ccd/img/sub files. How do I write to ISO?

Manually enter an .iso extension

Manually enter an .iso extension

If you meant: replace ".ccd" with ".iso" in the file dialog, it doesn't work. When I hit "Save", the file name reverts to ".ccd".

PS. Perhaps this thread should migrate to CloneCD forum. Hindsight shows that it's got little to do with CloneDVD.

If you meant: replace ".ccd" with ".iso" in the file dialog, it doesn't work. When I hit "Save", the file name reverts to ".ccd".

Oh, I thought you were talking about dvds.

Yeah, you can't with cds.

Back