• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD & .tif.bin

general

Hi,

I have some .tif.bin picture files which I would like to view. I have tried to open them with the usual windows packages and also corel draw x3 with no success. I have since downloaded VCD which I have used in the past, but cannot work out how to view the photos?

I have mounted the pictures but can get no further. I would really appreciate any help!?

Thanks,

General

It could also really be a biz or retitled extension .zip file or others
Try removing the .bin extension from the end to see if it's a raw tiff file. If that doesn't work; try adding .biz or .zip to the end of the file and opening them as those formats. If all those fail, try ISOBuster.
http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

Thanks for the reply, IO've tried removing the .bin to no avail, I'll give the zip a go :)

Thanks for the reply, IO've tried removing the .bin to no avail, I'll give the zip a go :)

Without pointing fingers, or saying more than I should... rules and all; If this is from certain locations it could be any number of "true" extensions that were removed for "regulations" reasons. I'd read any, um, related textual information that may have been in the original source location? ;)

TIFF files are repositories. bin is a container format. bins may or may not be compressed and when compressed may or may not remain with the bin extension as opposed to the common .biz or .bzn. Beyond that, there are 4 standard compressions used of compressing bins, and a fifth less common one. Standard ZIP is more common than the others. Then there is 7Zip. Following is binzip (a linux based program and a unique algorithm but winrar can read pre May 2008 revisions). Finally, for the newest, um, posts, is WinZip 11. Each requires an algorithmic compatible decompresser. The alternative is ISOZip. It's rare, but not unheard of in certain locals.

bins of tiff files could also contain StuffIF tiff files of TIFF2k files which themselves are compressed. those can then be placed in a compressed bin. WinRAR can open any standard BIN file. So try that. If it still doesn't work in WinRAR and ISOBuster, and you are not the source, then you can PM me for further details that we can not post on the boards.

perhaps its a .bin that goes with a .cue or something?

A bin that "goes" with a cue, as a optical disc image, can always be read by burning programs to one extent or another. The only "loss" comes when burning games or CDs/DVDs with protections left as ie; true clones.

thanks for the info, all sorted now. The image files were FTP'd from a server and are SEM images. They are part of my workload and are nothing untoward! However the lady who provided me with the access had since gone on holiday and hence I posted here!

Back