• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD takes over DVD drives

old_school_blue

I saw a thread from a year ago that described this problem. They had a work around, but it affected performance badly. I thought that since that thread was a year old, I'd start a new thread in hopes of getting some help.

I have used VCD for some time, and found it to be excellent. I've just bought a new NVidia MB based PC, and tried to install the latest version of VCD. After install, my two DVD drives, along with a new virtual drive all show up as VCD drives.

Among other things, this prevents mounting an ISO by clicking on it, as it doesn't know which drive to mount it on.

Since the problem was reported a year ago, I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed. Is there any chance of getting it fixed, or should I look for another product?

Thanks.

Oops.... I should have included this

I'm running Windows XP SP2 on both machines.

I have the same problem here.

Mainboard nForce 500, latest drivers from nvidia 15.17.
DVD-Burner, Asus 20X Sata
WINXPSP3

When I installed the new chipset drivers today, then installed the latest VCD beta 5.4.0.0, the physical drive turned the same icon and menus as the VCD one and the automounting by double-click got disabled :(

Same happens with the latest stable release of VCD. I'm wondering if it's a bug with the new drivers from nvidia.

Last edited:
Same happens with the latest stable release of VCD. I'm wondering if it's a bug with the new drivers from nvidia.

This is very possible. If the NVidia drivers react to the commands intended for VCD (e.g., they don't verify the signature) all drives will be seen as VCD drives.

That looks like a good fix.

The DVD drives don't get sheep, and keep their names. The VCD drive is recognized, and gets a sheep. Mount of an ISO by clicking works perfectly.

Thank you very much! :clap:

Back