• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD suddenly says all my ISOs are currupt - they aren't

foxyrick

I've used VCD for years for playing stored ISOs of my BD disks. Double-click the ISO >> gets mounted with VCD >> plays. No problems, until a month or so ago...

Suddenly, VCD complained "the archive appears invalid or damaged" when I tried to mount an ISO as above. First thought: oh-oh, failing HD. However, I have about 20 HDs with ISOs on them, and two very different PCs that I use VCD on to play them (living room, and my office system). --- make that three PCs, just tried another one with a new VCD install.

VCD says the same about every ISO I try to mount, on every HD, on both PCs. That includes one I have just checked for errors and it has none. Most of these ISOs have been played many times before. I can extract the (refused by VCD) ISOs with WinRAR without problems and play the folder in TMT.

I had made no particular changes to either PC. Possibly just Windows Updates, but backtracking that would be awkward as I'm not sure exactly when the issue began. All systems are Windows 7 x64.

I have tried reinstalling the latest VCD as of today, no difference.

I'm stuck - any help?

Rick.

Last edited:
Suddenly, VCD complained "the archive appears invalid or damaged" when I tried to mount an ISO as above.

As VCD doesn't produce this error message, I assume you are accidentally using a different program associated with .iso

Boy, do I feel dumb! Although, what is happening is a bit weird...

I updated Directory Opus on all my PC's to the latest release (forgot about that/didn't occur to me it would cause an issue). Looks like DO now tries to grab the .iso itself, even though VCD is still the default handler for .iso files.

So, both programs get a shot at it. VCD mounts the .iso, but what I see is a big error message from (I now realise) DO telling me the archive is corrupt. Never seen such a thing happen before; I might have a chat on the DO forum about this.

VCD mounted the .iso perfectly fine, I just didn't realise it had done so.

Sorry for my error - not VCD's fault at all!

Back