• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD stopped working correctly in Win 7 Ultimate

beta version of what? VCD works fine for others which would imply that there's something on your system causing the issue. Tiger90 found it was his drive update software that caused him an issue, you may have something that's loading at startup that's also causing an issue

Last edited:
If you have read the entire thread you would see that this works when I disable driver signature enforcment.

This means that my startup propably has nothing to do with this.

BTW This happened to me on a clean install of Win7.

If you want I can show my startup print(Please give a tool if it is an option) so we can be sure about this.

Well if it was an issue with Win 7 and VCD then everyone would be getting the same issue which is why I have to assume it's something that's running in the background that's causing the issue.

Sounds like you have something in windows messed up. I always get the options menu come up when I right click on an ISO

ADBEAR:

Not to be too brash, but you have a tendency to repeatedly respond to peoples posts w/ this somewhat idiotic and useless reply '...that it must be something messed up on your system...' - you seem to insinuate that you are a computer 'techcy' god of some degree - but truly, who much do you really think you have a true complete unfalible knowledge of all that is silicon?? I think you just like to jump on folks 'somewhat' - which is why I am writing this bad post - it is extyreme - but you've been doing this for quite awhile - and I've seen and personally brought up some issues that were absolutely not my messed up machine or others - possibly a valid point...

end of rant - pls don't take this too personally - you are probably a good guy, but I just felt complelled to speak up...

Jeff

Well having been a system builder for over 12 years now I get a lot of systems to test , build and repair using various versions of OS's and have come across multiple reasons for things not working, and the usual reason is that the end user has something installed that causes the issue. The amount of times I've heard 'I haven't installed anything' only to get the system in and find that stuff has been installed or removed which is causing the issue. The fact that I have this software installed on various 'clean' systems using different versions of the OS's means I can go in and check whether something really does work or not and can usually say with 99% confidence whether it's an issue on your system or not.
I gave that answer you're referring too 5 months ago to which you never bothered to come back with any reply so without giving any further information, like a logfile or list of running filters/programs how or why should I give any more information on how to try and fix the problem?

And as to your other problems I've commented on, one was about one of your drives not being able to read discs written by the other drive which you put down to being an AnyDVD HD issue when it was clearly not as you'd still be able to read the information off the disc even if it didn't play back properly (you were trying to check the quality of the burns) And the other was to do with a TDK / LG incompatibility, neither of which I said you system was messed up, I just pointed out valid reasons for things not working

Last edited:
Problems here too ...
I had to reinstall windows 7 64 bit using exactly the same programs then decided to do the update of the Virtual Clone Drive to version 5.4.5.0 and every time I run the VCD has the following message.
Going back to version 5.4.4.0 which never gave me problems ...

vcd.png

Problems here too ...
I had to reinstall windows 7 64 bit using exactly the same programs then decided to do the update of the Virtual Clone Drive to version 5.4.5.0 and every time I run the VCD has the following message.
Going back to version 5.4.4.0 which never gave me problems ...

vcd.png
What are those other programs?

Maybe that could interfere...

Nero Multimidia Suite 10, ImgBurn, and ConvertxtoDVD(without the driver pattin-couffin).

Well Imgburn shouldn't cause an issue, never tried the others, what happens if you disable their startup autoruns etc

I'm sorry Adbear, I can not do more testing because I'm back to version 5.4.4.0, thanks anyway.

I was having the same issue and found it was caused by the Samsung ODD Firmware LiveUpdate like Tiger90 said. All good now that it's not running.

A list of the programs that run at startup might help

Well the text file seems pretty unreadable, and I don't have autoruns on my systems

Here is an XML version

The text file can be opened through Notepad++ and it will be a bit more readable.

Autoruns(if you are willing to run. No installation needed) can be found here

Or you can tell me what software to use

Last edited:
Well you could disable everything except vcd and then see if it works. If it does then just enable one program at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue

It's called trouble shooting, you disable everything else and see if it works, if it does then you enable everything else one by one until you find the program that's causing the issue. It's very useful and is a standard practice when trying to find what's causing a problem. There's no magic way of doing it other than that. Will probably take you about an hour to go through them all after you find out if it works when they are all disabled.

Last edited:
Back