• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD stopped working correctly in Win 7 Ultimate

rsales

VCD stopped working correctly in Win 7 Ultimate after reboot

I was using VCD for a while and it was working fine. Then I had problems with it working. I noticed I didn't see the name of the ISO file on the volume label of the mounted ISO. I uninstalled VCD, rebooted as it asked, reinstalled and then it worked again untile I rebooted the machine. After rebooting the same symptoms reappeared. If you click on VCD when it is not working correctly Window 7 says there is nothing there.

Any suggestions are welcome

Edit: I've tried running MS's fix it and it says it can't see the disc in the drive. As I said above it works after I uninstall and reinstall VCD until I reboot. then Windows 7 64 bit doesn't see the mounted iso.

Last edited:
I'm having a similar issue with some of my Win7 Pro machines. I have tried rebooting, re-installing, and older versions. Currently I'm using 5.4.4.0 on Win7 Pro 64-bit on a workgroup reading files from a Win7 Pro 64-bit box. The file permissions are wide open, the "Everybody" account permissions are full control/read/write. The connection is full gig-E and file transfers are averaging 48MB/s.

On some of the machines (namely the HTPC) if I double click the .ISO on the mapped drive, nothing happens. When I select -> right click -> mount in VCD, nothing happens. When I select the .ISO and hit the Slysoft button on the top bar, nothing happens.

When I download the file onto the machine, it mounts and plays just fine. This tells me there's an issue with the way VCD talks to mapped network drives. Wierd part is that VCD mounts across the network just fine on some machine, but not on others. All the machines are running Win7 64-bit either Pro or Home Premium.

I've searched Google and the forums, but I have yet to see any answers other than the MS Disk Fix which did fix the problem until I unmounted the image, then the next image had the same problem. I haven't seen anything in the Event logs pertaining to VCD at all.

Any ideas? It's been almost a year since 5.4.4.0 came out, is there another version heading downthe pipe that might have better network support or Win7/64-bit support?

Ideas? No, I'm not going to nuke it from orbit. :)

If it works across the network on some machine and not others then it's unlikely to be a VCD problem, but more likely to be still a permissions issue. If it was a VCD issue then it wouldn't work on any machine across the network.
Might be a good idea to work out which ones are not working and which version of windows they are running.

Last edited:
I've got 5.4.4.0 on all the machines as I run the same installer file off the NAS. I started going around to the machines that work and I don't have anything set differently on them.

The only thing I can think of is the way I map the drives. Sometimes I use the wizard to browse the network for the share and sometimes I just type in the path (\\arcadia-server\) and right-click -> Map Network Drive.

I'll be experimenting with that later tonight and tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. I don't see how it would being as that all the machines have the exact same path info in the drive properties.

This came about when I started getting Burn requests in MCE using MyMovies, so I tried to figure out if it was MyMovies or VCD that was causing the problem. Turns out it has the same unmountable issues on machines that don't have MyMovies, so that kinda points a fat finger at VCD.

I'll update this thread if I figure anything out.

Update: VCD has ceased working on any machines in the house without having to un-install and re-install. After the next reboot, VCD stops working again, but does work normally between the time you re-install and the next reboot.

Still testing out the drive mapping methods...

Sounds like you have something installed that is blocking VCD. If it didn't work across networks we'd have a lot more people complaining including myself. Try running AnyDVD in a local machine and post up a logfile for an empty drive. It may give someone an idea of whether you have a conflicting driver installed

Same problem - VCD won't see disk image on Win7 x64 Ultimate

I have a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate installation and VCD will not see the disk image after you install and reboot. If you start using it after you install/reinstall it works fine. After a reboot it doesn't. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Is Slysoft going to address this issue?

8)I actually was able to come up with a couple of workaround solutions:

1. If you disable VCD drives and logoff and logon in Windows 7 x64 and then reenable the VCD drive(s) when you log back on, VCD seems to work normally again
2. Make sure you disable the VCD before shutdown or reboot and then reenable once you are booted back up. This also appears to keep VCD working.

I also found that if I had one drive enabled and rebooted without disabling, as mentioned before, it would not function. However, if you have available drive letters open, you can simply bump the number of VCD drives enabled up by one and the new extra VCD drive would work (but non-functional VCD drives remain still non-functional). Beware that after you reboot any active VCD drives will not work when you boot up. You'll have to use solution #1 noted above to get things back in operating order.

Yes, this is weird and inconvenient, but these workarounds should be much easier than reinstalls or other lengthy procedures.

Last edited:
I have a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate installation and VCD will not see the disk image after you install and reboot. If you start using it after you install/reinstall it works fine. After a reboot it doesn't. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Is Slysoft going to address this issue?
There is no issue, most people have no problem with it, and it is probably a conflict with something else on your system. I have it installed on multiple systems using different versions of Win 7 x64 with no issues at all. Maybe you could run the filter list inside Imgburn and post up the logfile, that may give a clue as to what's conflicting on your system.

VCD issue with Win 7 x64 Ultimate too...

My issue with VCD in Windows 7 x64 Ult. is when I use VCD and mount an image (iso) - anytime I right click an iso file (which by default I have set to open with Imgburn) - I get an error message saying that "...Cannot mount file using (VCD) in Drive X...". If I uninstall and reinstall - the iso file gives normal context menu when right clicked; also - after I mount an image - and get the error po - up, I can close that and right clicking again gives normal context menu...

Anyone have an idea?? It is a hassle to uninstall / reinstall - or to have to deal with error message; re click file again...

:confused:

Sounds like you have something in windows messed up. I always get the options menu come up when I right click on an ISO

1. If you disable VCD drives and logoff and logon in Windows 7 x64 and then reenable the VCD drive(s) when you log back on, VCD seems to work normally again
2. Make sure you disable the VCD before shutdown or reboot and then reenable once you are booted back up. This also appears to keep VCD working.

I also found that if I had one drive enabled and rebooted without disabling, as mentioned before, it would not function. However, if you have available drive letters open, you can simply bump the number of VCD drives enabled up by one and the new extra VCD drive would work (but non-functional VCD drives remain still non-functional). Beware that after you reboot any active VCD drives will not work when you boot up. You'll have to use solution #1 noted above to get things back in operating order.

Yes, this is weird and inconvenient, but these workarounds should be much easier than reinstalls or other lengthy procedures.

This exact same issue drove me mad for two weeks after building a new Win 7 x64 box. I used VCD for YEARS without issue before this, including on Win 7 x32 up till my new build.

I am an IT professional and I love SlySoft, owning all their software, however i had to give up on VCD. I siwtched to another free VCD product and it has no issues.

< URL removed >

Note that i own NONE of the paid software from this company and own all of SlySoft's products. I REALLY tried to make VCD work before giving up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest contacting support directly. I've been running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for a long time now and never encountered any issues.

I had the exact same problem as described in this thread. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get VCD working on Win7-64bit. After a reboot the problem would resurface. I have used VCD for years and this was the first sign of trouble.

I have nailed my conflict down to the Samsung ODD Firmware LiveUpdate utility that was installed with the driver for my Bluray reader/writer. The executable name is FWManager.exe. In the options there is an easy way to stop the executable from launching on startup so I didn't need to run msconfig or uninstall.

That seems to work. Note that I'm having the problem on a Win7 x64 Ult. box trying to mount a local iso - and permissions are not an issue (domain admin).

I just installed VCD(5.4.5.0) on a fresh Windows 7 SP1 64 bit with UAC disabled, After the install runs fine I reboot... I try to load an ISO file and get "Error: Can't Open VCD!".
The file shows that it's related to VCD and everything but no drives show in the "Computer".
When I look at the device manager I see Virtual CloneDrive show up in device manager under storage controllers but there is a yellow Triangle. The driver version is 5.4.4.3. Can someone with a working copy check the version s/he has?

Under C:\Windows\sysWOW64\ElbyCDIO.dll the signature is OK.

If I start windows with "Disable Driver Enforcmanet" everything works well.

Shoud I try an earlier version(Where is the link?) or maybe a beta version(also a link needed)?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what advice to offer. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 and have no issues with Virtual CloneDrive either the previous version or the newer release. That said, I have UAC disabled. I definitely don't mess around with disabling driver enforcement.

I too have UAC off. Once I went from one drive to two it has worked fine for either drive. strange...

You could have a look at what else is running at startup that might be causing an issue

I don't see anything special.
I have no virus AFAIK (MSE + Avast).
There is no beta version I can test?

Thanks

Back