VCD on a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S

Discussion in 'Virtual CloneDrive' started by GMDonald, Dec 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GMDonald

GMDonald New Member

Has anyone tried VCD on a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S for running DVDs from an ISO file on a network drive? I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S and installed VCD on it. I tried to run DVDs in ISO files from a network drive. Windows 10 reports the VCD mounted ISO file as a DVD drive. Windows Media Player reports the drive as a device, but does not show the drive for playing the DVD. Grateful for any help. I have not found anything useful so far with Google.

2. GMDonald

GMDonald New Member

Solved. The problem is that Windows Media Player does not play DVDs under Windows 10. I installed Microsoft DVD Player which does play the ISO file DVDs. It's simple and cheap DVD player software, but all that is needed.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Yup, microsoft removed the built in player because of regulations and market dominance. Just like with IE instead of offering a choice this time, they opted to completely remove it. Main thing is you got it solved :)

4. Tourist

Tourist Well-Known Member

Internet Explorer is still there in W10.

5. Ch3vr0n

i didn't say it was removed. I said their DVD playing capability was removed (windows media player).

6. Tourist

Tourist Well-Known Member

o_O...or do i read that wrong ?

7. Ch3vr0n

or editing the key part that indicated they did NOT remove IE

in Win 7 times the EU forced them to give the user a choice. This time they didn't do that with their DVD playback capability. They simply removed it.

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Ah. But you didn't write that. Happens to me all the time, too. I think something but don't type it. Reader gets confused... ;)