• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

vcd and hd-dvd

peterbus

hi,i think i missed something along the line.
vcd clone drives are bdrs so when i try to mount a hddvd from iso in pdvd8 i get a wrong format disc in drive message,how do i get vcd to recognise the hddvd.:doh:

vcd and hddvd

hi,posted this on vcd but last post on vcd forum was march so i hope you dont mind me posting here.
how do i get vcd to recognise hddvd,all the virtual drives are bdrrom drives hense not recognising hddvd,what am i doing wrong.i have a dual hd-bdr lg dvdrom and using pdvd8 with the hd hack (works perfect with inserted hddvd discs) :bang:

i mount my HDDVD movies just like i mont my bluray and everything works fine it doesnt matter what the drive says slysoft did not take the functionality of playing HDDVDs out

EDIT: ok just to be sure i tried my matrix and happy gilmore ISO and it plays just fine with VCD

Last edited:
Try making a text file with ".dvd" extenstion with:

"filename"
MediaType=DVD

so for example its Iron Man then

ironman.iso
MediaType=DVD

saved as ironman.dvd

Mount the .dvd file with the latest VCD

i mount my HDDVD movies just like i mont my bluray and everything works fine it doesnt matter what the drive says slysoft did not take the functionality of playing HDDVDs out

EDIT: ok just to be sure i tried my matrix and happy gilmore ISO and it plays just fine with VCD
cheers,il keep at it.:eek:

I'll have to actually rip an HD-DVD to check this but the last I checked I had no issues.

Just make sure to mount your images via the .DVD file. You can manually create them as already explained or just use Rip to Image... in AnyDVD HD which now automatically creates a .DVD file. If you don't use the .DVD file for mounting then you may run into problems. ArcSoft TMT wouldn't play the image correctly unless I used the .DVD for mounting.

Back