• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD and Blu Ray

Ballistix

Hi guys, avid user of AnyDVD. I was wondering if I invested in VCD whether I could then play the image on my Laptop?

I have an Acer 5920G with the Acer video playing software Acer Deluxe I think it's called. My Laptop has an HD-DVD drive in it and it plays those beautifully. I was wondering rather than buying a laptop bluray drive whether I could do this? Anyone know?

Thanks
T

Hi guys, avid user of AnyDVD. I was wondering if I invested in VCD whether I could then play the image on my Laptop?

I have an Acer 5920G with the Acer video playing software Acer Deluxe I think it's called. My Laptop has an HD-DVD drive in it and it plays those beautifully. I was wondering rather than buying a laptop bluray drive whether I could do this? Anyone know?

Thanks
T

Virtual CloneDrive (aka VCD) is freeware so there is no "investment" decision to make. You just install it and mount an image.

The real question is where do you intend on getting the images of BluRay discs from if you aren't using a BluRay drive as part of the laptop? Is it going to be networked?

I have a blu ray drive on my other PC, which is networked. I was thinking of using that to create the image then copy the image across to the laptop?

Think this will work? Can always just try it I guess!
T

I have a blu ray drive on my other PC, which is networked. I was thinking of using that to create the image then copy the image across to the laptop?

Think this will work? Can always just try it I guess!
T

I see no issue with trying to do this. It won't cost you a cent to try this. I also have no clue about the Acer player software. Copy the image over and mount it using VCD and check it things out. It can't hurt to try.

Back