• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Varying behaviour in image mode

bk2

I have tried experimenting implementing 3 anatomy atlases form primal pictures using Securom 7.2 on my 4 different XP SP2 PCs at home. Since they contain a lot of pictures and videos I use the image mode when profiling.

I have used version 570 and 590, and find that both show varying behaviour regarding what they record as part of the profile. Somtimes, they record the entire disk and sometimes they record only (apparently) the programs so that I have to copy the relevant directories from the DVD my self. Both behaviours are ok - in fact, I prefer the latter, since that allows me to move the location of the picture/video files if I need.

But does anybody know what cases GJ to choose one over the other. It obviously does not depend on the version, nor on the specific DVD?

In image mode... all data is stored in .dat file which should be the same every time.

Yeah, that is what I also assumed, but that is not so. On two of my PCs the image is not copied into the DAT file, although it sure takes a long time to build the profile - so form the messages I revceive it seems just as it is copying everything.

However, when you look at the profile at the end - it is much too small to have copied the disk - and when starting up, the program ask for the library of pictures and videos (which as I said is very nice)

Now you could think that it just didn't "take" the image mode. Not so. Tyring to skip this results in a profile that won't circumvent Securerom.

And that is why I am so puzzled!

Hmmm that is interesting. Just to confirm, you have/are checking image mode option? FYI there is a smart imaging option that automatically kicks in if this is uncheck.

Yes, I am always checking the image mode (just above the "auto- detect")

Ok... thanks. I will need to take a closer look at this.:confused:

Not as yet... I will get a chance over the next day or so.

Did you find out of something.

As I mentioned earlier, the programs really are able to function using GJ by copying the actual files into a separate directory, thus being able to have them on flash - not wasting harddisk. The program (once having passed the secureom part) simply asks for the directory of the files if it does not find them. So it would be nice to have GJ reckognize this situation and not having to copy the entire files into the profile. I guess that should be the behaviour of GJ when not asking to include everything. I just have not gotten it to work - unless by accident when GJ does not include the files.

GJ doesn't copy any files, just sectors. And these sectors will vary with each profile.

Back