• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vampire Diaries S1 D1 problem

clueless1960

I am backing up all of my daughters' Blu-rays and DVDs collection, and am having a problem with backing up the first disk of season 1.
I am using 7.6.9.5 and have attached a copy of the log file. Is this a damaged disk or a problem disk (I suspect the former)?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_D_VAMPIRE_DIARIES_S1_D1.ziplog
    627.7 KB · Views: 5
You say you have a problem, but you don't say WHAT the problem is. Without that vital piece of information it's anyone's guess. Are you getting an error? If so, what is it? What are you (trying to) do(ing)? Logfile shows nothing unusual. Just basic aacs encryption and an early version too.

Stops how? Exact error message? You may think small details like that don't matter, but they're VITAL for problem diagnosis

AnyDVD 13%

Error reading from Drive D:!
Sectors:2464832-2464863

Cancel Try Again continue

I have tried to back this disc up several times. It is not always in the same place where it stops. The disc has been cleaned (repeatedly) and has no signs of blemishes what so ever. My daughter watched this Blu-ray last night (from beginning to end) and said that there were NO problems.

Can you tell me what is in the log file? If you can tell me that then maybe I can understand better just what more information it is that you need?

The logfile just contains some basic system and disc info. What you have there is a defective disc. Bluray doesn't have a protection that emulates bad sectors. Any time you get read errors on a bluray is always either defective disc or drive. If the drive reads other discs just fine, exchange the disc. Preferably from a different location.

Ok, so this is interesting:

DVDFab just backed up the Blu-ray, with no issues...in the same drive that AnyDVD failed with.

Dvdfab does it exactly the same way CloneDVD does, it shrinks when it creates temp files then burns. CloneDVD can shrink on the fly just fine. That said, advertising third party software in a specific RedFox section is out of bounds. Post split and moved to third party software.

Back