• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v6.1.6.6 fails to start

DO NOT run the setup program as administrator! It will elevate the tray app to admin and require UAC intervention upon startup. Since you cannot grant a tray app this premission during start up, it will be blocked by defender.

Simply run the setup under YOUR login and make sure that the desktop shortcut AND the executable located in "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe" isn't starting as administrator. Right click the file and navigate to the compatibility tab and make sure the 'Run as administrator' checkbox is unmarked.

If you were playing around with the last version and elevated the app to start as administrator, you'll need to back this out, even if you uninstalled. Somehow, Vista saves the "Run as administrator" option in the registry and will apply it future versions unless you manually backed out the changes.

BTW, this ONLY applies if you're using UAC. If not, you'll probably not be having any issues but then again, you're box is open to a whole lotta other nasty stuff out there, beware! :D

I still get the error message. I did clear the internet temp files. Double check that the file downloaded was actually version 6.1.6.7 (SetupAnyDVD6167.exe). I ran it, install it and still the same result.

Running the AnyDVD in Administrator mode, I check in the information box that I was actually running the right version (6.1.6.7).

So I uninstalled (without erasing my registration information), rebooted and re-install the latest version. Guess what, still the infamous Initialise_Dynamic() failed.

Never got any problem before this update. It's weird!

jeff

Uninstall both, please, and reboot before installing JUST AnyDVD first. Try that and see what happens.

Finally, my fingers workout is over!

Yep, that did it. It's now starting properly.

Maybe I initially ran the setup as administrator, causing all this mess. Shame on me.

I uninstalled both apps (even removed the registration info, just to be safe). I reinstalled everything. It's now starting ok.

I do get the "Unidentified program warning from UAC when I start CloneDVD", but I'm not too concern about that.

Thanks a lot for your help. I did'nt see that one coming.

Jeff

I had exactly the same problem in Vista but using the compatibility mode seems to have done the trick.. Best to turn off autostart in that case - too many UAC permission requests at startup can be a real pain.
I prefer to leave UAC on as it is a good prompt in case you do something you might regret!
Build 6167 seems to be OK with it set that way.

Well guys I've been having the same difficulties as for you shouldnt be a surprise I tried everything I uninstalled and installed it again and that seemed to solve the problem but after I restarted the problem would come back so all i did was that when the last update (last week's "I think") came up I took off the autostart and then right clicked on the icon and chose "Run as an ADmin" and that did it nothing was missing just that I have to double confirm that I am running it when the screen goes dark and it asks "ALLOW? or BLOCK?" good luck to you all I am now fine it runs everytime nothing fails to start,

Well guys I've been having the same difficulties as for you shouldnt be a surprise I tried everything I uninstalled and installed it again and that seemed to solve the problem but after I restarted the problem would come back so all i did was that when the last update (last week's "I think") came up I took off the autostart and then right clicked on the icon and chose "Run as an ADmin" and that did it nothing was missing just that I have to double confirm that I am running it when the screen goes dark and it asks "ALLOW? or BLOCK?" good luck to you all I am now fine it runs everytime nothing fails to start,

Like....upgrading, perhaps?

Yes really that is a the problem to solve allot of the problems. :D

Back