• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v1.1.5.1 AMZ Subtitles wrong timing

My problem with subtitles in the last few versions of Any Stream is that they play on the computer but not on Samsung Smart TV's. I used to be able to fix this with VLC Player or Power DVD but this no longer works.
The setting is on external subtitles since I could never get the embedded to work. I am still using Using 1.1.4.0 64 Bit with Windows 10 because everything else seems to wok well and because of all the reported problems with higher versions. There are no TV subtitles on Prime, Disney, or Netflix

Does anybody else, using Any Stream with 1140 or higher versions, been able to play subtitles on a Samsung TV and any changes (if any ) needed to make the subtitles play on a TV?

I use SubtitleEdit to batch convert / fix them.
You might want to give it a try as it supports many subtitle formats and is freeware.

Usually the subtitle formats supported by your TV are either in the manual or on the website of the manufacturer.

Also good to check the naming convention that your TV supports.
Example:

Show.mp4

Subtitle needs to be:
Show.srt

But as mentioned this info should be in the manual or website.

And if all else fails, be smarter than your Smart TV. Use your TV as a monitor only. Find a source device that provides a consistent and reliable way to play your media and call it a day. You'll be the better for it in the long run.

I tryed today with vers. 1.1.3.1:

No Problem with SRT-files

hello

Netflix-Skater Girl.en_US.cc.srt 'track 0: Watch out for line 34: the starting timestamp is smaller than the previous element. All elements of this file will be sorted by starting time.

And if all else fails, be smarter than your Smart TV. Use your TV as a monitor only. Find a source device that provides a consistent and reliable way to play your media and call it a day. You'll be the better for it in the long run.
I agree with Lowpro. I have an old Panasonic Plasma, no player function, not recording function (and no software problem ;)), not even a digital tuner but with an excellent picture and enough HDMI ports (3).
I'm using it as monitor for my Laptop, a WD-TV media player and a HD recorder from Topfield. Alas all the players and the Plasma monitor are discontinued. Hope they persevere awhile.

No problem with srt subs.

Ditto, i still use the tv mentioned in my forum sig (42" plasma). It's a 'dumb' tv, and if it eventually gets replaced, it'll most likely be a smart tv obviously but I'm not gonna use anything on it. That job is for my Chromecast With androidTV. That way I control what apps get installed/removed in it, not some damn tv manufacturer that decides to stop supporting something at a whim and pulls the app

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back