• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

v1.0.5.0 - Netflix supports higher bitrates ?

peacesign

From the changelog for 1.0.5.0:
  • Improved: Netflix supports DD+ and higher bitrates.

The phrasing of this is quite unclear, but it seems like "higher bitrates" are only for the audio tracks at the moment and not video as well? At least for the couple of tests I just did.

If so it might make sense to change it to "(...) and higher audio bitrates." to make it more clear.

I was asking, what does "higher bitrates" actually refer to? Just DD+?

Because there were threads in this forum asking for an improvement both on the audio side (DD+, which was implemented) and on the video side (which I'm not seeing).

And it was explained numerous times, that AnyStream selects video of highest bitrate available.

Yet you still didn't answer my question. Were there any changes or improvements on the video side as well, or just on the audio side?

Edit: I'm not complaining here, just curious. If there were changes to the video side, I might re-download a few things, if it's just audio for now, I probably won't. Hence why I'd like to know

Audio only. Video feature request is still under consideration and on the list. If it was added it would have been in the implemented feature request sticky.

No changes were made to the video part. AnyStream already grabs the highest video bitrate it is offered and there's not much to change if at all.

No changes were made to the video part. AnyStream already grabs the highest video bitrate it is offered and there's not much to change if at all.

@Prospere I think that all us paying users are asking for is honesty and we're not getting it.

So apparently higher bitrate is 'under consideration' according to @Ch3vr0n and then you say AS already grabs the highest video bitrate 'it is offered' and there's 'not much to change, if at all'. How can you honestly say there is nothing to change and it already grabs the highest bitrate when it very clearly doesn't?

You're all very honest and quick to say 4K is never going to happen (for obvious reasons), so why not be honest and say the same for main profile (higher bitrate) Netflix? It's no longer served by widevine so AS can't grab it and therefore it won't be implemented. It's as simple as that! Be honest and you won't get asked the question again. Let's not BS anyone here. As a paying user, I feel disappointed (and I'm sure other users do) that you weren't just honest from the beginning.

Please can you just make a sticky that says mpl NF isn't going to happen and neither is CBR Amazon (although there is absolutely nothing to stop the latter, it's just as simple as doing a Fiddler auto response to serve up a CBR stream which I'm sure you could implement so very simply into AS)

I appreciate your concern, but let me clarify this one last time as honestly as it gets, and I am sure others may find this useful too.

It may well be that my English is not as good as I used to think and is not sufficient to convey the meaning of the statement being cited unequivocally. Therefore, "AnyStream already grabs the highest video bitrate it is offered." can, perhaps, be supplemented by "in response to its request." The form of a request is, well, just as stated, under internal consideration ("internal" being the key word here). Whether one thinks the issue is or is not a technical one, or whether there is or is not something that would prevent a feature from being implemented or has any other assumptions regarding the software is wholly irrelevant and will not be discussed.

As developers, who are devoted to their customers, not only do we strive for the best of service, but also for the ability to provide this service as long as possible, which, unfortunately, given the perception of the company by certain entities, involves much consideration. Honestly.

Our users (paying or trial) are provided with a direct communication channel with the development team to make all processes as transparent as reasonably possible and fast, instead of playing ping pong with support cases. That being said, if there are things that we avoid bringing out for public discussion, it is done for the good of all of us, customers, and developers as one.

Back