• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Using VPN with AS

zero269

Although vpn may not necessarily be a supported benefit with AS, I'm wondering if others are experiencing severe issues when connecting to either Italy or Canada.

When I connect to Canada, I'm seeing 0.1 Mbps network performance; not so with Australia, France, Brazil, Netherlands, and a few others. After 8 hours (CAN), it was only at 14%. I've tried a few times and I'm tired of wasting "tokens" so to speak with this experiment.

I've signed up for a month with ExpressVPN but I'm considering NordVPN next.

Does anyone have any personal experience with using either of these two services connected to Canada or Italy with any success and getting expectable performance?

Speedtests look good after I connect, but AS seems to be having issues from my end.

Thanks,

UPDATE 1:
Using NordVPN offered a viable solution for both Canada and Italy. I finally caught my Swordfish (2001) and the performance was noticeably different. Looks like I know which one I will be subscribing to after my first month is up... ;)

Last edited:
Vpn had been used before 'fixing' login issues. Once logged in it can be disabled

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Vpn had been used before 'fixing' login issues. Once logged in it can be disabled

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Ch3vr0n,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. However, my issue is that I'm using vpn to expand my "options", and so I need to be connected in order to see other titles I do not normally see in the U.S.

Canada has a lot of good 90's titles right now, but AS can't seem to work very well with ExpressVPN, like it does with other connections.

I decided to tryout NordVPN just now, and I'm seeing much better results! I'm seeing an average of about 12 Mbps with "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"; one of my childhood favorites.

I'm going to test it with Italy next. They seem to be the only one's with Swordfish (2001) available.

vpn is interesting. while nothing to do with anystream, i used Nord to connect to a UK server and then to my AP account on Amazon UK. Amazon immediately detected something off and required me to validate the login using secondary auth. While that worked, within 24 hours they required me to change my password too.

on a side note - Nord so far has been great.

@zero269 I'd be interested to know how you are getting around the payment issues. These sites won't allow a card from outside of their territory, in my experience. Also Nord VPN is very good!

vpn is interesting. while nothing to do with anystream, i used Nord to connect to a UK server and then to my AP account on Amazon UK. Amazon immediately detected something off and required me to validate the login using secondary auth. While that worked, within 24 hours they required me to change my password too.

on a side note - Nord so far has been great.
Currently using ExpressVPN to log into Amazon UK, while I did have to do password validate, didn’t have to change. Options for content are interesting, seeing what’s available in US versus other countries. If I had to guess, they rotate what comes with Prime versus what’s a rental/purchase from country to country.

Using a VPN, I can’t log into NF (UK) via browser, but oddly enough AS can log in.

fast forward a few hours. now NF via AS says show is not available. i wonder if this is NF catching on to what is going on. will do more testing

Weird. Outside of AS, logging directly into NF on a UK VPN server, the series is no longer showing up! Changing VPN servers I can now find the show again. Seems NF may be blocking access based on specific VPN server vs everything.

In any case, not an AS issue

@zero269 I'd be interested to know how you are getting around the payment issues. These sites won't allow a card from outside of their territory, in my experience. Also Nord VPN is very good!

Hi radiah,
I'm not sure what you mean by "payment issues". I'm using vpn only to expand my title options for Netflix. So far so good.

Hi radiah,
I'm not sure what you mean by "payment issues". I'm using vpn only to expand my title options for Netflix. So far so good.

My bad, I thought you were talking about AMZN. They have things set up the same way. Unfortunately, one's home subscription to Prime only covers certain titles overseas and then, AFAIK, only UK and Germany grant reciprocal access. For the other sites, FR, BR, IT, etc., you have to be local. NordVPN clears up that issue. Then you apparently have to have a local source of payment. Otherwise you get shuffled off to the main hub of Prime. They have no acceptance of a US credit card.
Cheers,
radiah

Using a VPN, I can’t log into NF (UK) via browser, but oddly enough AS can log in.

fast forward a few hours. now NF via AS says show is not available. i wonder if this is NF catching on to what is going on. will do more testing

One thing I noticed with vpn and log on issues, is that you do not want to login with a vpn connection.
Login first, then use VPN. You can refresh your webpage afterwards and you should be good to go.
I also disconnect from vpn before logging out as well.

On Netflix just log in your legal country than free to change any location via VPN. You can see your VPN Country shows after press F5.

Back