• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Using back-up copies of movies with this SW

shaneyb72

I take most of my movies and run them through DVD Decrypter and save the file to an external hard drive. I can then run that file through DVD Shrink to make a back up copy, or I can use those files to put movies on my iPod and PSP. But only about 1 out of every 10 actually runds successfully through DVD Clone Mobile. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? I can use the original DVD to do it if I have to. Its just more difficult because I travel a lot and like to do these things while on the road (with my external HD). Also, my family and friends are always over borrowing movies, so I rarely know where the one I want is!
Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

or am I doing something wrong?

Do not use Decrypter. Use Anydvd ripper if you want to rip.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.7: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...15&postcount=1

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

Great-thanks! I will go try that now. You mentioned if I use programs like Nero Recode and DVD Shrink that can't handle structural protections. Does that mena that you have a program that can?

One other thing...

I assume once I run a movie through AnyDVD and have that file on my HD I can then also run that file through Clone DVD Mobile in order to use it on my PSP and iPod?
And while we're on that subject do I need to run a movie through Clone DVD Mobile twice if I want it on my iPod AND on my PSP? Or can I just run it through once in a format that would be compatible to both?

Thanks again! Your support is phenomenal!

Great-thanks! I will go try that now. You mentioned if I use programs like Nero Recode and DVD Shrink that can't handle structural protections. Does that mena that you have a program that can?

Clonedvd does, provided Anydvd is running in the background.

One other thing...

I assume once I run a movie through AnyDVD and have that file on my HD I can then also run that file through Clone DVD Mobile in order to use it on my PSP and iPod?

Yes, use the video_ts folder that Anydvd ripper creates on your hard drive

Quite often you can use Clonedvd mobile with Anydvd just running in the background. But if you do come across an issue, it's probably better to use Anydvd ripper first.

And while we're on that subject do I need to run a movie through Clone DVD Mobile twice if I want it on my iPod AND on my PSP?

I believe so, yes.

Back