Using Anydvd

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by kateoakes2002, Jun 15, 2007.

1. kateoakes2002

kateoakes2002 New Member

I have the trial version of Anydvd loaded onto my PC and i also have Nero. When I try and copy a dvd direct from my dvd rom onto my external dvd writer nero says that the disc is too small for the movie (disc is 120 minutes long) i have tried using Anydvd to make the DVD smaller (i.e cutting out the previews etc) but it doesn't make any difference. Can anyone assist. I would point out that i have got it working with a DVD that was very short but that was using DVD43 and not Anydvd.

Kate

2. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

anydvd doesn't shrink the film to a single layered disc, it removes the copy protection.

you'll need clonedvd for this, other apps you can use is dvd shrink, nero recode/vision express (can't remember which one it is :eek: )

but as your using the trial of anydvd, have a shot of the trial for clonedvd ;)

3. kateoakes2002

kateoakes2002 New Member

So if i use Clonedvd and DVD43 i should be able to do the same job as with CloneDVD and AnyDVD?

Kate

4. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

i'd still use & buy anydvd & buy clonedvd at the same time :D

has dvd43 been updated lately?, from what i know it hasnt, but not sure if any more work has been done on it.

theres a money off coupon just now & it's got a good few more days to run, try them both out & see withs the best for you, but only have 1 of them installed at a time or their fight with each other

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Not necessary. ;)
    DVD43 dropped support for all "advanced" protections (everything, except CSS) a long time ago.
    DVD43 will fail on RipGuard, Puppetlock, Arccos, ProtectDVD, X-Protect, ... protected discs "by design".
    In other words - you won't get very far with it.