• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Using AnyDVD HD on two PCs (alternating)

fade0ff

As I have a dedicated HTPC and a normal desktop PC, I used two versions (and licenses) of AnyDVD HD in the past: one to rip the BluRays on my desktop PC and one to to use the playback features (mainly Cinavia workaround, sometimes Speedmenu). I never used both versions at the same time and actually never ripped a BluRay on the HTPC or used it for online protection removal (as I always rip to HD).
Still, due to online activation, I felt it was necessary to buy two lifetime licenses.

Now while it's OK for me to buy a new LT license from RedFox (even though it hurts a bit to lose two LT licenses), I struggle a bit two buy two again - given the history and also the uncertain future.

So is an alternating use compliant to the license conditions or will I still need two licenses with RedFox AnyDVD HD?

The team have said, and as was always the case under the old regime, that as long as both systems don't run AnyDVD at the same time and that the key is only used on a limited number of systems (say 2 or 3) then all is good. I do the same on my PC and Laptop.

Well "run" is an interesting term. Actually my HTPC is also my MP3 server, so it runs more or less always while I'm at home. And as AnyDVD HD is set on AutoStart, it's always running in the background.
This is also the case of course when I rip a BluRay on the desktop PC. So would this be considered running in parallel? Or does this only mean "actively" running, like decoding/ripping two BluRays in parallel on two PCs?

Running the program itself is considered enough as it does phone home to verify the licence. While I have had it running on both of my systems simultaneously in the past it's only been for a short period and I never had a problem. In theory this shouldn't be a problem. Both of your systems would be reporting from the same IP, the only difference being two instances and two hardware ID's if they're checked.

Long term use like this may flag up an issue. Someone better informed may be able to tell you for sure.

Yeah, I hoped to get an official statement. Of course I could disable the autostart. But an official response would be helpful.

The online activation only applies to the trial. Full version is offline like always. As long as you don't use the license on a dozen PC's or leak it to the net, there's little chance something would happen.

There really should be more clarity for what is allowed. Since AnyDVD is at heart a kernel driver, anytime a system with AnyDVD installed is booted normally then AnyDVD is "running".
I think the more precise answer is that no more than 1 concurrent access to the online database or ripping activities are allowed by the licensing system?

"running" : anydvd tray icon active. Installed does not mean running.

Whatever they've been doing - it's worked fine for me for years. :D
-W

I've always assumed it phones home as soon as you start the program. Too many connections from the same licence then fires off the pirate alarm on the licensing system. Even if it doesn't flag to the user that it's pirated until they contact support. Hence why we've always been told you can use it within reason. A few systems is fine, but too many and you're taking the wee.

Again I may be wrong but seems likely based on my encounters with many varied systems.

Back