• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] using an old license from july 2007?

zelnaga

I'm trying to see if some DVDs I bought off of eBay are legit or not. To that end I'd like to see if they have CSS encryption and Region 1 encoding. If they do then, in-so-far as I'm concerned, they're legit. If they don't then I'd have to conclude that they were counterfit.

I had been using AnyDVD to do this but that computer has since died. I still have the license key but not the install file I used on that computer.

My question is: can I still use my old license? The newest version of AnyDVD HD didn't seem to accept it but maybe that's user error? idk. If I can't still use my old license then perchance is there a way to see if DVDs are legit with free tools?

I am sure others are more knowledgeable on the topic, but I am fairly certain that would be a Slysoft license and not a Redfox one so it would not work with current Redfox products.

I'm trying to see if some DVDs I bought off of eBay are legit or not. To that end I'd like to see if they have CSS encryption and Region 1 encoding. If they do then, in-so-far as I'm concerned, they're legit. If they don't then I'd have to conclude that they were counterfit.

I had been using AnyDVD to do this but that computer has since died. I still have the license key but not the install file I used on that computer.

My question is: can I still use my old license? The newest version of AnyDVD HD didn't seem to accept it but maybe that's user error? idk. If I can't still use my old license then perchance is there a way to see if DVDs are legit with free tools?
You won't be able to decrypt most movies in the last 3 years. who knows maybe it will work. But You need V8 to be up to date, you can buy V8 in our shop https://www.redfox.bz/purchase.html

You won't be able to decrypt most movies in the last 3 years.
What's happened in the last three years? I remember DVDs back in the day not only employed CSS encryption but sometimes fake blocks and other techniques to trip people up. There was Macrovision, too, but that doesn't seem really relevant these days.

What's happened in the last three years? I remember DVDs back in the day not only employed CSS encryption but sometimes fake blocks and other techniques to trip people up. There was Macrovision, too, but that doesn't seem really relevant these days.
You can't lose anything by trying it and see how you make it out but James didn't do all these updates because everything worked fine.

Wrong section, moved to licensing. Old slysoft license only work upto version 7695. Redfox v8.0.0.0 and above require a redfox issued license.

CSS, fake sectors etc all still exist

If you can't get AnyDVD working, there is another method you can try. Install ImgBurn, a freeware utility. Attempt to Read one of these discs you're curious about to an image file. ImgBurn will detect if it has copy protection on it before it attempts to create the image and lets you know. Of course, you'd still need AnyDVD to decrypt the disc, but you seem to be just curious to see if these are legit discs or not by seeing if they're copy protected.

Be aware not all legit DVD's are copy protected. Smaller companies save money by not licensing CSS on their discs.

Back