• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Useless

flexibilis

I must say that I find AnyDVD completely useless. There was only 1 DVD that I could copy with AnyDVD, which Shrink DVD had problems with. This was the reason I bought AnyDVD. But since then, there was NOTa single DVD that AnyDVD could handle which also Shrink DVD wasn't able to.
Usually a read error is reported at approx. 30%, and when clicking Yes to ignore read errors, it's always the end of the story: the transfer rate drops to 0.0 and that's it. However, the original DVDs play perfectly fine in both the PC and a standalone player. And AnyDVD reports no problems whatsoever, when browsing the DVD at the beginning.
So I'd find these frequent updates nice, if they were of any help, but they proved to be just annoying to me.
Any comment?
:mad:

Are you using AnyDVD as a ripper? If you use AnyDVD in conjunction with Shrink, you shouldn't have many problems at all.

NOT useless

I am so surprised to hear you have problems. I use AnyDVD with Clone DVD and that combination makes backup copies of EVERYTHING. I have recommended the program to so many poeple I have lost count and everyone comes back with rave reviews.

Well, it's unfortunate that you have had such a bad experience with the software but considering how many other people don't have problems this leads me to think this may be a problem related to your computer [hardware and more specifically the DVD drive] and not the software. Without more info no one can be sure but I've made backups of all my DVDs for a number of years w/o problems using AnyDVD.

I use any dvd with 3 different burning programs and it hasent failed me yet
its one of the best investments I ever made

clonedvd 2 + anydvd is your best bet not dvd shrink. dvd shrink has no support being it hasn't updated in years and will have problems doing the newer movies even with anydvd running in the background.

make sure your drive/burner has the latest firmware,

I must say that I find AnyDVD completely useless. There was only 1 DVD that I could copy with AnyDVD, which Shrink DVD had problems with. This was the reason I bought AnyDVD. But since then, there was NOTa single DVD that AnyDVD could handle which also Shrink DVD wasn't able to.
Usually a read error is reported at approx. 30%, and when clicking Yes to ignore read errors, it's always the end of the story: the transfer rate drops to 0.0 and that's it. However, the original DVDs play perfectly fine in both the PC and a standalone player. And AnyDVD reports no problems whatsoever, when browsing the DVD at the beginning.
So I'd find these frequent updates nice, if they were of any help, but they proved to be just annoying to me.
Any comment?
:mad:
It looks like AnyDVD is not working correctly on your machine. If shrink reports read errors AnyDVD was unable to do its job.
You can try to run AnyDVD in "Safe Mode" (Settings -> Program settings).
You sould use the Microsoft IDE/SATA drivers, not some fancy motherboard drivers which often cause a lot of weird problems.

Not Me....

It looks like AnyDVD is not working correctly on your machine. If shrink reports read errors AnyDVD was unable to do its job.
You can try to run AnyDVD in "Safe Mode" (Settings -> Program settings).
You sould use the Microsoft IDE/SATA drivers, not some fancy motherboard drivers which often cause a lot of weird problems.

I have never-ever had any problems using ANY DVD (with the latest upgrades)with DVD Shrink 3.2 ...:clap:

i have never encountered a dvd i couldn't rip with anydvd installed... there have been some slow/buggy rips but it all went well after the next update :D

i used LightningUK's DVDDecrypter before he was put out of business, along with DVD Shrink. But AnyDVD and CloneDVD seemed to handle it all much faster so i bought it and it havent let me down so far

I have to join the multitude. I've been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD for quite a while now and never experienced a problem

You must be doing something wrong, especially since no-one else is experiencing your problems.

The only problems I've ever experienced was related to my poor choice of media (memorex).

What is your hardware inventory and what media are you using?

Barry

ANy DVD works well in conjunction with the right copy software and the right media to copy with. You also must have enough memory available. I have never heard that Memorex is a good media, but have had success with Philips, and Sony and HP. I have a Philips DVD/Divx player and they work very well. I'd avoid Memorex. I also have used DVD shrink and use 1click DVD from LG software innovations.com with great success.

chiming in

I've owned anydvd and clonedvd for litterally years.. and its never failed to make the backup. On occations I've had to mess with some settings or wait for the update but in the end.. the DVD was backed up.

As an aside, the slysoft support is second to none, they are prompt the extreamly helpful.. any a software company should take the example set by this company.

Weepus

I don't know what your problem is. I have never had a problem with either ANYDVD or CLONE. They are the simply the best.

DVD Firmware upgrade worked for me!

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with a Lite-on 8x DVD burner that I had problems making dvd copies that worked until I installed the latest dvd firmware for the drive. AnyDVD has always worked great on my desktop. I use CloneDVD to make backup copies of my dvds.

Yet to find one...

I have not found one single DVD that I could not backup.

I think this could be operator error...

Maybe?

if someone has a DVD that they can not get... please share the name with me. I want to know.

I never had problems copying movies with AnyDVD.

i have been using AnyDVD for nearly 3 years now in conjunction with CloneDVD,CloneCD,CloneDVDMobile and also DVDShrink and not encountered a single disc that couldn't be copied....oops,i mean backed up.

i'm also looking forward to the release of CloneDVD3 :) with the current version being 2.9.0.3, version 3 might be here in 2007??

You know it maybe you need to purchase the software??
If you are tring to get it from one of the web sites that post illegal software
you will have problems.:doh:

Back